Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a new member and was very excited to find this site! I just purchased a 2011 Honda Crosstour EXL 4WD. I live in Michigan, but will move to Huntsville TX in August.

I recently noticed that the coolant level in the overflow tank went down by an inch in a week. I will continue to keep an eye on it, but is this normal?

When I first checked it last week after I bought the car from a dealer, it was around the minimum line so I added distilled water and it passed the maximum line by an inch. I marked the level with a pen, and now it's at the maximum line. So, I guess it lost an inch. I don't see any puddle on the floor, white smoke from the exhaust, or a milky residue on the engine cap (indications of coolant leaking into the engine). Should I be worried? My last car was a 99 Isuzu Trooper, so I occasionally had coolant problems.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
476 Posts
It could be your radiator was a little low on coolant and the recovery tank has now topped it off after a little bit of driving. Could also be that you overfilled the recovery tank.

I would fill the recovery tank to the minimum line when the car is completely cool and see how it behaves from there. Always check the coolant level when the car is completely cool (first thing in the morning), otherwise your level check will be invalid. Theoretically your coolant should be at the minimum level when the car is completely cool and at the Maximum level when running at full operating temperature.

Personally, I would top off the recovery tank with Honda pre-mixed coolant instead of just distilled water.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much, this helps a lot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts