Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just recently purchased my 2012 CT 4WD EXL, white w/ ivory. At this point all I can say is what a fantastic car. I povides the most comfort and quiet I have yet found on anything that also has 4WD.

I have been driving Subarus for the past 12 years. Really enjoyed them and their versatility; however, they did leave a bit to be desired in the area of cabin quietness and the new model Outback was designed several inches taller than the previous model and it's roof rack was not really good for my Thule system roof rack.

The heigth and rack system are very important to me since I carry a lot of activity equipment on top of my vehicle; kayaks, bicycles (including a 10 foot long recumbent tandem), skis (in a top box), etc. It is very important that I be able to load and unload these toys without resorting to step box or ladder (every tried to use a ladder in an ice covered parking lot at a ski resort or a muddy river bank).

The 4WD is necessary as I spend three months each winter skiing in Summit County Colorado (Keystone, Breckenridge, A-Basin, etc.). The comfort and quietness are handy on the 1,800 mile drive each way from North Carolina to Colorado. If you care to give your car a test, spend the winter at 9,000 and above; add to that morning starts frequently at -15f and -35f have been encountered.

At any rate, I am greatly enjoying this fantastic car and am looking forward to testing out its capabilities during the upcomming winter.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Welcome to the elite Crosstour group and congrats on your purchase. Do you plan to accessorize your CT? Perhaps add some tinted front windows? Custom wheels? Radar Detector? Can you post some pictures of your ride, its sort of like showing off a new baby. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts