Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never knew that the top slid forward. More comfortable on long trips!

Gil

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think the reason why most people don't know about it is because it's do damn hard to push forward! But I agree, I keep it extended all the time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just grab under the front handle (where the lip is) and pull forward.
Yeah, I know, and have known about it before I even got my car, but compared to other sliding armrests, this one is a super-tight, plastic-on-plastic sliding armrest...so it's going to be tougher for people who are used to other armrests slide out easy, to think that this one slides when you have to put so much effort into it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah, I know, and have known about it before I even got my car, but compared to other sliding armrests, this one is a super-tight, plastic-on-plastic sliding armrest...so it's going to be tougher for people who are used to other armrests slide out easy, to think that this one slides when you have to put so much effort into it.
Interesting because I feel the exact opposite about it.

I've been in cars where the rest slides *way* to easy and more than once produced a potentially dangerous situation where my right side was suddenly lower, and more forward than where it was a split second before.

:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was not sure about the console arm rest door being able to slide forward either. When we first picked up the car and put a coke in the cup holder we noticed an interference between the coke cup and the console door. We thought it was a defect. Then, after we had dropped off the Crosstour at the selling dealer to have some upgrades done to it we noticed the console door mysteriously was moved back when we picked it up. We thought they fixed a defect. How do I slide the door forward and backward? Is it described in the owners manual?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The top (padded part) slides forward and back. In the forward position it covers the rear cup holder. There seems to be a friction catch so it takes a little push.

·
Registered
621 Posts
How do I slide the door forward and backward? Is it described in the owners manual?
Just grab the top portion part and move it. No funny tricks or buttons.

(As I said earlier in the thread, I usually just grab the lip under the front release and pull the cushion forward.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like the fact that the armrest is a little tight when moving it. It makes it seem more sturdy. I remember when we looked at a Venza and I moved the armrest. It moved very easily and I thought I broke it (very cheap plastic).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts