Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everytime I use the Ac my battery dies after about 2 to 3 days. I took it to the dealer and according to them my clutch is frozen. It depletes my battery from its power. I took it to a guy who works on compressors. This one told me that if my clutch was frozen it would snap the belt. I'm at loss.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I don't understand the problem.

If the compressor clutch bearing were frozen, the serpentine belt would develop issues, and maybe snap. But, that does not seem to have any relationship to your battery or electrical system. If you know how to do it, releasing the auto-tensioner. With the tension on the serpentine belt removed, see if you can turn the clutch by hand. If not or if the pressure plate is discolored, it's bad. If the pressure plate or the clutch bearing is bad, replace the whole assembly because they are mated at the factory by burnishing.

If you have no belt issues, the clutch is permanently engaged or otherwise activated by the AC system relay on a permanent basis, you may than have an excessive current draw either at the relay or at the field coil that controls the clutch itself; more likely clutch. Field coil failure is not uncommon on Honda's.

I suppose that the temperature sensor that controls the clutch relay could also be bad causing the field coil to permanently pull the clutch into the pressure plate.

I'll continue to think about this but my first intuitive reaction is that it's electrical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts