Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my understanding that not all phones are compatible with the Crosstour's system. I'm considering a new phone and I'm looking at Verizon's Samsung Droid Charge or Motorola's Droid X or X2. Does anyone know if they are compatible with the Crosstour?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Verizon Motorola X and I have a T-Mobile G2 (Best phone I ever had BTW). They both work excellent with HF-link in the CT! My wife has the Samsung Galaxy (T-Mobile) and it works great also. Good luck!!! My son works for Verizon and he says that the samsung is not the best one BTW!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! @ Fred... just curious ... what phone does your son like????? I have to live with this new phone for 2 years... I really don't want to pick the wrong one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
He says: "the Droid X is as far as they know the best one when it comes to batery-life and coverage but it does not have some of the features of the X2 (the X is 3G iso 4G and it doesn't have a cam in the front) also in a few they will introduce the Droid "Bionic" which seems to be awsom!" I hope this helps?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Fred. I'm not in a big hurry, maybe I'll wait and see how the Bionic reviews stack up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've had two cell phones, both worked flawlessly with the car.

• Samsung Instinct s30
• Samsung Galaxy Epic 4g

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to jump. Verizon was ending the unlimited data plans...I ended up buying the Samsung Charge. I was able to sync up for the bluetooth but I'm having troubles with the phonebook. I can see the car requesting the phonebook on my phone but the car says unable to connect. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had to jump. Verizon was ending the unlimited data plans...I ended up buying the Samsung Charge. I was able to sync up for the bluetooth but I'm having troubles with the phonebook. I can see the car requesting the phonebook on my phone but the car says unable to connect. Any suggestions?
I had that problem once... I had to delete the device from my HFL, and re-add it again. I made sure to keep a very generic pairing code of 1234. Once paired, I had to go to my bluetooth settings and tell it to make my phone "Visible", then I went to my car's HFL to complete the connection.

... At least I think that's what happened, it's been awhile back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do you have the EX-L with Nav or without Nav?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Keep an eye on your phone while doing this! My phones ask for permission to sync the address book with the car. Might be that you missed this? ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

Question - Have Droid X phone syncd. Want to use Pandora radio from phone to play on car stereo. Any help or advise?

Thanks. HPS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts