Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is telling me that it will be impossible to get a sage green basic 2 wheel drive CT. It seems that today is the last day @ .9% interest. I have waited 4 weeks and now at the last moment I get this call. Seems They are mot in full production due to the Japan debockle. As of now I'm just a shadow and a want a be :O(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you tried contacting other dealers? Send emails to them? They are made in Ohio, I wouldn't expect their production to be hurt that much because of Japan.

·
Registered
622 Posts
There was a blurb on Yahoo today saying that colors were going to be limited because something was on a shortage in Japan concerning color pigments.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh well!

:( It seems that I missed that one but I noticed the sun still went down and the world still turns. Still looking for the best deal I can get! No hurry. I got another HONDA. Be it old and beaten, It still runs like the day I bought it :) Well sorta! Still got it:rolleyes:
No worries man!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would also check other dealers... and let your dealer know that you are.

The dealer I decided to go with (for a few reasons) didn't have the color / options combo I wanted on the lot. I told them that if they wanted my business, they would find it.

And they did.

(They actually ended up having to purchase/trade one from another dealer, or however they do it so they could turn around and sell it to me.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would also check other dealers... and let your dealer know that you are.

The dealer I decided to go with (for a few reasons) didn't have the color / options combo I wanted on the lot. I told them that if they wanted my business, they would find it.

And they did.

(They actually ended up having to purchase/trade one from another dealer, or however they do it so they could turn around and sell it to me.)
I did exactly the same thing. I told them that I need a black one otherwise I'll buy with another dealer not too far. Having several dealers not too far is definitely helping a lot.

Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:( i I had the deal signed and sealed, just not delivered 4 weeks ago with .9% and under dealer invoice. It seems that unless it is delivered before yada ya, I wouldn't get the finance deal. They called the final day and said that they couldn't get the color. Admittedly, I was [email protected]*ed and told him I would get back to him. when I had finnished my work I called (6pm+) they said the only one any where around the tri-state area in 2wd was in red and in Pa. They said it was hard to get 2wd in this area every one wants 4wd. I have a 1wd accord 5spd stick and am perfectly happy, figured the CT has quasi 2wd, what do I need the extra weight and maintainance for w/4wd. I have a 4wd PU. Why dirty the beautiful CT anyway. I live in NY and I had to pick it up that day or loose the deal. Well red was out of the question. So, that was it. Time ran out. I guess I'll join you guys sometime in the future if it don't rain and the creek don't rise!:eek: You all do, seem to be a great bunch. Happy motoring. I'll be watching you:eek:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Good luck and hang in there.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I live in NY as well and I have one of the few CTs around here with 2WD EX-L. That's only cause I purchased the car while on vacation in Orlando. Not only did they have all 2WD but they have every color available at the time I purchased and they were selling fast. I went with black cause I got a thing for black cars and I haven't learned my lesson yet lol. I've bought two cars in Florida (at the same dealership). I know not everyone is willing to buy a car while on vacation but if you were in FL you could always check it out. Then you could drive it back or have it delivered.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh well! From a trusted source (Mahawah Honda NJ) all orders in this area, due to parts problems in Japan, for 2wd CT are canceled till July.:rolleyes:
Lucky I have an old Accord to back me up;) Thanks again
God is love
Love is the answer
Pray for love;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts