Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Oh man... my heart skipped a beat when I first thought this meant I could get the Chinese Crosstour model's accessories not available in NA.

Oh well... I can dream.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well folks, if you have stock in Honda, sell, sell, sell.

Nothing good ever comes from China. They shortcut EVERYTHING, and it never works out well. Maybe the first "batch" will be within spec, but it'll decline and it'll be a slippery slope.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Well folks, if you have stock in Honda, sell, sell, sell.

Nothing good ever comes from China. They shortcut EVERYTHING, and it never works out well. Maybe the first "batch" will be within spec, but it'll decline and it'll be a slippery slope.
I agree, China is starting to find out that cheap labor + poor working conditions = lower quality products. Now I hear that the Chinese workers are demanding more money and better working condition. That is going to translate into higher wages and higher production costs. My Wife and I have really been avoiding MIC (made in china) label. We also have been trying to by MIA (made in America). It is sometimes hard to find certain products made in America. One is thing certain if it’s made in America it is a lot better quality and the cost is not always higher.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Half the parts that go into the car come from China and Taiwan....They may as well assemble them there.

I can walk down my aisles here at work and see few parts made in japan and find more from China,Mexico,Brazil,Philipines to name a few.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I agree, China is starting to find out that cheap labor + poor working conditions = lower quality products. Now I hear that the Chinese workers are demanding more money and better working condition. That is going to translate into higher wages and higher production costs. My Wife and I have really been avoiding MIC (made in china) label. We also have been trying to by MIA (made in America). It is sometimes hard to find certain products made in America. One is thing certain if it’s made in America it is a lot better quality and the cost is not always higher.
I'll drink to that , Chef.

·
Registered
534 Posts
A recent study found that american workers are 3x's more productive than chinese workers. That, added to the soon to be required higher earnings plus cost of shipping, has brought quite a few manufacturers back to the states.

I don't mind buying things made in other countries so much, so long as they are of good quality and the country follows human rights laws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts