1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello,

I pulled codes P0171 and P0174 PowerTrain "System Too Lean" from my 2010 CT EX-L.

I've attached the diagnostic report.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thx
If lean across both banks could indicate a vacuum leak, pulling in unmetered air. Have you had any work done recently? Possibly a vacuum hose left off? Has the plenum been removed? If it's not put on correctly, possibly needs a new gasket. Has the throttle body been cleaned? May need to be reset to factory settings. Hopefully not a fuel pump problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you for your reply and guidance. It's much appreciated.
The 0.52 at 750 rpm is normal. That's a clean MAF.
I'm was seeing 0.32 at 700 RPM. After cleaning the MAF, I'm seeing 0.48 at 700 RPM.
Have you had any work done recently?
No work done recently. I cleaned the MAF and throttle body eight months (4k miles) ago for the first time ever at 146k miles.
Has the throttle body been cleaned? May need to be reset to factory settings.
What is the process to reset the throttle body?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thank you for your reply and guidance. It's much appreciated.

I'm was seeing 0.32 at 700 RPM. After cleaning the MAF, I'm seeing 0.48 at 700 RPM.

No work done recently. I cleaned the MAF and throttle body eight months (4k miles) ago for the first time ever at 146k miles.

What is the process to reset the throttle body?
Resetting the throttle body to factory settings will likely fix your issue. To reset, it requires an OBD II scan tool with Honda service functions. I purchased this recently...
Amazon.com: Autel MaxiCOM MK808TS TPMS Scanner with Complete TPMS and Sensor Programming, Diagnosis for All Systems and Combination of Service Functions , Same as MK808/MX808/MK808BT+TS608(upgraded TS601 orTS508): Automotive
There may be lower priced scanners out there that can perform the function. I chose this one because it gave me more capabilities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts