Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a check engine light on and I have kept all repairs don't drive it much and it had a tune up just last year. It has 67,000 miles. The car is driving smooth and hasn't ever given me any trouble. What could this mean? Without taking it in to a shop can anyone tell me what this might mean to me? Any suggestions? I really can't afford to repair right now. Could it need a tune up again? Great car. HELP? thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi I have a check engine light on and I have kept all repairs don't drive it much and it had a tune up just last year. It has 67,000 miles. The car is driving smooth and hasn't ever given me any trouble. What could this mean? Without taking it in to a shop can anyone tell me what this might mean to me? Any suggestions? I really can't afford to repair right now. Could it need a tune up again? Great car. HELP? thanks
If you have an AutoZone near by, they will plug a scanner in and get the trouble code(s) for you for free. Or you can buy your own scanner. Once you get the code(s) we will be able to help you better. It's just impossible to speculate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree. Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, NAPA Auto Parts, O'Reilly Auto Parts, etc should all have free scan services. If the check engine light is constantly on, not flashing, it's just warning you that something needs to be fixed, but, it's not critical.....YET......but don't procrastinate, get it checked before the problem does become serious. It could be something as simple as needing a new gas cap. If the check engine (or any other) light is flashing, it is critical, and do not drive the car until you can have it diagnosed and serviced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts