Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to make sure i don't have issues, where exactly does the honda bond go under the spool valve and what is the procedure to put rocker assembly back on. Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Once you get to that point, it will become evident where the Honda Bond sealant goes. I used a razor to gently scrap off the old until the head was clean (careful not to cut into the aluminum). It is not necessary to coat the gasket with it. In fact, I'd avoid doing that to prevent it from clogging the filter screen or getting inside the valve body.
Here is the torque pattern and values for the rocker arm assembly. It's a great time to do a valve adjustment.
Font Rectangle Auto part Art Motor vehicle

Reactions: Elico

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once you get to that point, it will become evident where the Honda Bond sealant goes. I used a razor to gently scrap off the old until the head was clean (careful not to cut into the aluminum). It is not necessary to coat the gasket with it. In fact, I'd avoid doing that to prevent it from clogging the filter screen or getting inside the valve body.
Here is the torque pattern and values for the rocker arm assembly. It's a great time to do a valve adjustment.
View attachment 9954
Thank you very much for the info. Now i have to decide whether to change out the cams or not. Number 5 intake is pitted and has sharp edges i can feel with fingers. Haven't looked at rear bank yet. It has been running pretty smooth but i know it won't be long before it's an issue.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank you very much for the info. Now i have to decide whether to change out the cams or not. Number 5 intake is pitted and has sharp edges i can feel with fingers. Haven't looked at rear bank yet. It has been running pretty smooth but i know it won't be long before it's an issue.
My cams were worn, not in the best shape. Just left them in and did valve adjustment. That was 100k miles ago. 🤣

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My cams were worn, not in the best shape. Just left them in and did valve adjustment. That was 100k miles ago. 🤣
The reason i asked about where the silicone went was it was a late night, i scraped off the block without thinking and figured it would be on the spool valve. There was none and i can't get a good view of where it goes from videos.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The reason i asked about where the silicone went was it was a late night, i scraped off the block without thinking and figured it would be on the spool valve. There was none and i can't get a good view of where it goes from videos.
Auto part Machine Gun accessory Gun barrel Personal protective equipment

I'd also put a little in the creases where the valve cover gasket bends up the spool, both sides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts