Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of the lights in my center console have burnt out so at night I can't see what button does what. Does anyone know how to replace these lights and what kind of lights are needed?

On a side note, I have been unknowingly driving with only one working headlight and I got around to replacing them with LEDs. They are amazing! They are so much brighter and have a nice color to them. I liked them so much I'm getting new high beams and fog lights. I would definitely recommend the upgrade to anyone.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On a side note, I have been unknowingly driving with only one working headlight and I got around to replacing them with LEDs. They are amazing! They are so much brighter and have a nice color to them. I liked them so much I'm getting new high beams and fog lights. I would definitely recommend the upgrade to anyone.
Which LED's are you talking about?? Can you share a link??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
85 Posts
highs and lows
fogs
Tag Lights
been running these lights in my 2012 EXL for over two years. all working great and no need for any resistors, all DRL and normal light functions working with no errors

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My next step is to replace the ones behind the nav/phone/info/...... Once I replaced the lights for the climate controls they overpower the others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for sharing this information!

I need to do this as well because the only lights I have working are the A/C and Recirculate buttons. Are the 2 videos posted what you used to remove all the components? My dash looks like yours but the videos show a different model.

I also need to replace the steering wheel audio switch control due to the paint being rubbed off. Do you know of any video's that show this procedure?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used these videos as a guide on how to remove the entertainment display and from there it's pretty easy to see where the bulbs are. The model they use might be slightly different but it still works.
I do not know how to replace the steering wheel buttons. I know you can buy a whole new steering wheel but I have not tried to do anything with the buttons. You might try to just clean the button because sometimes dirt can cover up the paint and it just looks like the paint is wearing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I finally got around to replacing the blubs in my dash last weekend and I got 1 question? I changed out a total of 4 bulbs. When I pulled the head unit out, there were 3 bulbs on the right side. These lit up the front & rear defroster buttons, the auto, AC & recirculate buttons and the up/down button. There was only 1 blubs on the left side. This bulb lit up the SYNC and Mode buttons, the On/Off button & the up/down button. My fan up/down button on the left side is still not working. My question is... Do I need to dissemble the switch to get to the bulb that is still not working? That would be the silver part on the pictures below. Is there a bulb hidden underneath? Thanks in advance!!!
Automotive lighting Rectangle Cable Machine Fashion accessory
Rectangle Plastic Composite material Electronic component Circuit component
Rectangle Screw Transparency Aluminium Electronic component
Automotive lighting Camera Machine Electric blue Fashion accessory

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I honestly cannot remember where the lights go specifically. I know that they twist in and they are stacked in groups of three. I would just try to open up what you have there and see if there is a light inside. It's been over a year since I replaced them.
When I replace the lights on mine I pulled out the entire unit. I didn't remove the individual modules.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, for anyone attempting to tackle this project... There are 2 more bulbs under the silver part. Thanks for all the help!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts