Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WELL IT TOOK ABOUT 2 AND A HALF HOURS BUT ROOF IS NOW WRAPPED. I MUST SAY FOR A DO IT YOURSELF PROJECT IT TURNED OUT BADASS. DEFINATLY NEED 2-3 PEOPLE HALPING STRECHING WHILE APPLYING DON'T RECOMMEND BY ONES SELF YOU WILL F%@$ IT UP!

ENJOY

·
Registered
422 Posts
did u use the 3m di-noc??
i didnt do this to mine because it gave it a matte finish and looks dull, but youre shines a bit... maybe its just the lighting.
nonetheless good job... i dont have the balls to do it myself =(

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can you post some shots of it outside? Looks nice! I don't know if I would do fake carbon fiber though... I'm not that desperate for the carbon fiber look to put a fake cf wrap on it. We're looking for a shiny black wrap, but don't know which is better without seeing them in person. A white CT with a black/cf roof looks AWESOME imo!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
looks good mike ! cant believe you did it your self i dont have the patience ! LOL

·
Registered
622 Posts
Sweet! Nice job.

·
Registered
234 Posts
WELL IT TOOK ABOUT 2 AND A HALF HOURS BUT ROOF IS NOW WRAPPED. I MUST SAY FOR A DO IT YOURSELF PROJECT IT TURNED OUT BADASS. DEFINATLY NEED 2-3 PEOPLE HALPING STRECHING WHILE APPLYING DON'T RECOMMEND BY ONES SELF YOU WILL F%@$ IT UP!

ENJOY

looks nice but what happen to antenna??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the antenna is anohter story. my heat gun quit on me half way through the project so it was just me and my friends streching and pressing it out to the roof. so anything that wasa laid over on the sides of the roof got all crinkled up and without a heat gun to reshape it unfortunatly i ended up with aalot of waste.

I am gonna order another 12x60 of it to do my mirrors, antenna, and all the b+c pillars. I will try to get some outside shots of it today if i can. to K-DOT i used there 1080 becuase the dinoc is applied with a adhesive not dry with heat application. meaning the dinoc is a perminant thing to the car. If you peel it off after a couple years your paint will come off with it ,which is no bueno!

the 1080 is just as nice looking still has texture and the weave pattern is just like the dinoc. Went to a local car show and got so many looks on the car it was kinda unbealivable. just one more reason why im glad I bought the CT I knew with the things I wnted to do to it I would be a one of a kind car. Next is the H&R springs and custom exhaust.

ill post more pics soon

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am gonna order another 12x60 of it to do my mirrors, antenna, and all the b+c pillars.
Looks very nice ... I was thinking that you can also put that on the grill - black parts between the chrome bars. Honda made that part just a bit too boring and unimaginative IMO. I think your added touch would be perfect to jazz it up a bit and also add some cohesion towards your style application.

·
Registered
234 Posts
wonder how long will it last as far as life spand. is it easy to remove if need to?

·
Registered
422 Posts
ive had mine for almost 2 yrs? and i drive in the snow and everything still holds up well =)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts