Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my kit this evening to install Carbon Fiber Door Pilar Trim on my 2013 Honda Crosstour.

Need to clean the car in the morning then I'll get them installed with before and after pictures...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I cleaned the car completely then waited till Noon for it to warm up into the low 80's here in Sunny Southern California to get the best temperature to apply the trim. I had to trim the clear plastic backing around each trim piece as each side trim set comes on a single sheet of plastic

I swabbed the door pillars with the alcohol swabs provided in the kit to make sure there was no wax or other residues on the pillars. Wiped the pillars down with a clean microfiber cloth and applied the carbon fiber trim following the directions provided. It is best to start at the top and be sure to aim just a tad high so the bottom of the trim fits perfectly. The adhesive is a little forgiving, but you need to get the positioning right the first time

The new "Ultra thin" 3M adhesive is very sticky and easy to apply. It does not show at all once the trim is in place.

Once done I cleaned the trim with "Spray Cleaner & Polish" that I have used on my motorcycles for years as there was something sticky on the trim. The cleaner polish took care of it...

Before applying trim, You can see the pieces "warming Up' on the car's roof.

After applying the Carbon Fiber trim... Product gives a good clean fit.

The change is very subtle in this picture, exactly what I was looking for....

Kit was purchased at http://www.trimstop.com/

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
24 Hour Update:

No the Carbon Fiber door Pillar has not fallen off... -lol-

One thing I noticed when applying the kit is the pieces felt soft (almost rubbery) to the touch after I applied them.

This morning the pieces felt much more solid to to the touch, more like they belonged on the car (If that makes any sense at all???) Guess it might be the adhesive underneath setting.

Just an observation, I still like the results very much! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts