Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Car Wash & Wax

7K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  L8Apex 
Definitely not a sponge, not sure what you mean by brush either. Both sound to me like prime scratch making tools.

2 bucket method with a good microfiber washmit is a good place to start. On youtube look up videos by "TheJunkMan" he has pretty good clear shooting detailing advice that is good. Proper technique on all this stuff is more important than the products your using. Study up and prevent those scratches and swirls.

As far as products go I often tell people to start with Meguiars. Reason being they are good products, reasonably priced, and many are pretty widely distributed. Their gold class soap is kind of a standard for many. Mix according to the directions. It won't strip wax which is what you want after you get a base built up, but it is good for cleaning. They have several wax/sealant that are great. A somewhat new product the Black Wax looks great on my Gray CT, but the NXT and Ultimate paste wax/sealants are easy to use, provide good protection and again are not crazy expensive. I did order a Klasse sealent before winter. Really good stuff long lasting but quite a process to apply and difficult to remove. Not recommended for someone just starting out.

Drying is a big deal for preventing scratches. You want to use only good quality microfiber cloths. Meguiars has a water magnet for about $8 on amazon that is pretty good yet unexpensive. I am about to order some new microfibers from TheRagCompany this week.

Glass, I really like stoner products. The invisible glass is good stuff. I didn't believe it but the microfiber cloths made for cleaning glass really do work better than the super cheap ones or any newspaper etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.