Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Car Wash & Wax

7K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  L8Apex 
Depends on what you want...

I've had the car for a year, and even though I've modded it, and made it look mean, it's by no means a show car, so I have pretty realistic expectations.

That said, I'm doing a full (DIY) detail 3-4 times a year... pre-winter, post winter, and once or twice in the summer for good measure.

My Full DIY Detail includes:
- Power Washer (at a gas station)
- Meguiars Clay Bar Kit - Full Body & Glass Clay
- Power Washer again to rinse...
- AMMO NYC's AMMO SKIN (It's a synthetic sealant)
- Remove with Turtle Wax, Wax & Dry (spray)
- RainX
- Interior Leather Conditioner

In between the major details, I'd touch up with spray wax and RainX when needed.

I was my car every 2-3 weeks as it sits in a garage, and it's not driven everyday...

And I only prefer the power washer at the local BP station because I have a lot of Plasti-Dip on the trim... otherwise there is a automatic washer that does a great job of cleaning with discounted price after hours.

I just don't have patience to do a 2 bucket method (power washer's more fun anyway)... but I do use very good micro-fiber towels for drying...

I do recommend Meguiars micro-fiber towels (the big yellow ones) for getting the water off, and then smaller and finer towels for the final clean / buff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.