Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not an owner yet but I see myself buying a CT by weeks end but I'm nervous about space for car seats. I have a 2nd old & another one coming in July & I worry about the toddler car seat & the rear facing infant seat fitting. I'm 5'11 & tend to have seat almost all the way back when driving. Has anyone out there fit both a toddler & rear facing car seat in the back of a CT?

All replies are appreciated!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congrats on the upcoming family member

Hi Gene,
I'm 6'1" and have 3 young kids - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and 2 yrs old. I have two forward facing seats in the back right now. I'm out of rear-facing seats these days, but I can tell you two things:
1) I have fit rear-facing car seats in cars much smaller than this! Maybe you have, too. I have always put the youngest behind the passenger seat so I could reach out and hand things to them, or look over my shoulder and see them. Rear facing seats have fit fine in our 2001 VW Jetta and in our 2004 Subaru Outback, both of which had less room in the rear than this. A passenger in front may not be able to put their seat all the way back with a rear-facing seat behind them - can't say b/c I haven't tried.
2) At 6'1", I like to adjust the driver seat for myself and then test sitting in back "behind myself", as it were, when I check out cars for test drives. A 6 foot passenger can sit behind a 6 foot driver comfortably in the Crosstour. There's absolutely no problem with my 6 year old sitting in a booster behind me driving.
Guess you can tell where FamilyGuy comes from...
Glenn

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've had the nefew's car seat in the back of the CT and space was not an issue. The CT has a very roomy back seat. I'm 5'11" 250lbs and I can sit in the back for long trips and be very comfortable.

You won't be dissapointed

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not an owner yet but I see myself buying a CT by weeks end but I'm nervous about space for car seats.
I would take the actual seat to the dealership and try it on to take all my worries away.
We have front facing Britax seat (it is very bulky) and my husband is 6' and we have no problems with the seat behind the driver seat and husband behind the wheel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would take the actual seat to the dealership and try it on to take all my worries away.
We have front facing Britax seat (it is very bulky) and my husband is 6' and we have no problems with the seat behind the driver seat and husband behind the wheel.
There you go. Best tip yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You really want to check the rear facing seat that you will be using, as there is a HUGE difference between different models. I am 6'5'' and my wife is 5'0'', one of the car seats we looked at (Safety 1st) I believe when installed behind the passenger seat, had the front seat so far to the front only she could sit up there, and she wasn't comfortable. We have a Chicco now and I can sit in the passenger seat with my son behind me, but its not really comfortable. Best thing you can do is go try a bunch of seats and see what works for you. The Crosstour does have a lot of room, but some of those car seats are deceptively big.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gracco Snugride 35

Seat reclined about 70 degrees. Scooted back 3/4 of the way. Seat now touches the snugride.

Comfortable for me, 5'10". Still have room. Don't know about people over 6'. But you won't be using this car seat for that long. They grow out of it fast.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies everyone!!

@ justfitme - I took the front facing car seat with me when I test drove the car. I totally forgot the rear facing sits out further than the front facing.

@junkndatrunk - thank you so much for the pix! We actually have the Graco Snug & Ride but it's the infant chair that only goes up to 20lbs, which I think is a little smaller than the 35lb chair.

On a side note - I really do appreciate all the replies and so far this seems like a great board with a great bunch of people that are willing to help! I got the call from the dealer last night and they just got a 2011 blk/blk EX-L in last night so I'm going to head down tomorrow to take a look at it and by tomorrow night I may be a CROSSTOUR OWNER!!!!! I'll be sure to bring the rear facing seat with me. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
No problem. The CT's back seats are much roomier than people think. But the rear facing infant seats are also bigger than I thought.

Having the 20lb chair means that you'll probably graduate to the next chair earlier anyway. Our baby is only 7 weeks old, and is already 12 lbs. She started at 6 lbs 12 ounces.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm using the Snugride 2 and it fits great, and a ton of toys and all the extra crap fits in the back VERY well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts