Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and new with the CT EX-L with Nav (bought it last Thursday). My problem is with the sound system. I plugged my iPod Nano into the USB port and got a message to the effect that it didn't recognize the iPod. So I tried plugging in a 4G flash drive with about 30 songs on it, turned on the ignition and selected AUX. When I did, every light on the car, inside and out, started to blink and before I could unplug the flash drive, the battery was sucked dry. We're talking 10 seconds, tops! There wasn't enough juice to start the car. I charged the battery with my battery charger for about 10 minutes and the car started. I drove a few miles and the battery came back up. Everything seems to be OK.

Should the Nano work with the CT sound system? Can I use both the USB port and the mini plug cable on the Nano (the USB to keep the iPod charged and the mini cable to play music? After what happened with the flash drive, I don't trust the owners manual. :confused:

·
Registered
123 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your new car.
iPod nano should work just fine through the USB hub. I have a nano 4th gen that I've used. Was the battery on the iPod charged? I was getting an error message something like "unsupported" in the winter when I left the iPod in the freezing car overnight. The flash drive experience sounds really weird! I know it's a hassle, but I'd bring it to the dealership and have them make sure everything is hooked up right between the USB/aux hub and the head unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts