Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 24k on my CT ,my honda dealer replace my cabin air filter,it cost me 100$,is it normal or my dealer is a ...?

·
Registered
111 Posts
The original part from Honda has a list price of about $30. Aftermarket (Purolator) is about $15. I am not sure where it is in the CT. I know on my Lexus the filter is behind the glove box and sort of a pain to replace. I thnk you paid standard dealer rates.

·
Registered
594 Posts
No one should ever pay the dealer to replace the cabin air filter! 100 dollars is way more than the 69 my dealership was asking and I still wouldn't pay it. The cabin air filter is located behind the glove box and is very, very easy to replace. NO TOOLS REQUIRED! Probably the easiest thing to replace on the entire car. You open the glove box, and unlatch the hook on the far right. The glove box moves out of the way and the air filter is right there. You pull it out, replace, then close everything back up.

·
Registered
668 Posts
No one should ever pay the dealer to replace the cabin air filter! 100 dollars is way more than the 69 my dealership was asking and I still wouldn't pay it. The cabin air filter is located behind the glove box and is very, very easy to replace. NO TOOLS REQUIRED! Probably the easiest thing to replace on the entire car. You open the glove box, and unlatch the hook on the far right. The glove box moves out of the way and the air filter is right there. You pull it out, replace, then close everything back up.
Sounds easy enough......THX

·
Registered
594 Posts
No problem... I forgot to add that when you unlatch the hook, you push in on the sides of the glove box to bring it all the way down... I just went downstairs to double check... I learned where it was from my 08 accord lol... Its insane how they charge ppl ridiculous amounts of money just because the manual doesn't tell you where it is..

Reactions: CanadaCT

·
Registered
622 Posts
Great post indeed, thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No problem... I forgot to add that when you unlatch the hook, you push in on the sides of the glove box to bring it all the way down... I just went downstairs to double check... I learned where it was from my 08 accord lol... Its insane how they charge ppl ridiculous amounts of money just because the manual doesn't tell you where it is..
U B D MAN, thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's called not staying in business for much longer when the "victims" tell the world, instantly lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great post, thanks!!!

A few weeks ago when I had the oil changed, the "dash codes" said I needed to replace the cabin air filter. My lucky day - only $65. No thanks, service advisor guy - I'll figure it out.

Anyway, I read this a few minutes ago, went out, opened the glove compartment and had the filter out in a grand total of MAYBE 40 seconds.

Since I don't smoke, never BBQ in my Crosstour and duststorms are sort of rare during the winter in Utah, it really wasn't that dirty. A good blast with the air hose - good as new.

So there's $65 for my lift ticket next Sunday. Last ski day of the year for me...

Snow

·
Registered
111 Posts
Snow- I spent last week in Park City with the kids (Spring Break). Plenty of snow out there for a few more weeks of skiing
Gil

·
Registered
241 Posts
After 24k on my CT ,my honda dealer replace my cabin air filter,it cost me 100$,is it normal or my dealer is a ...?
I bought one on Amazon for $10.60...copy and paste below at Amazon

Wix 24815 Cabin Air Filter for select Acura/Honda models

·
Registered
668 Posts
Why?

The one thing I look for when replacing a cabin air filter is making sure it has charcoal in the filter. It really does make a difference in quality of the air in your cabin.

Another thought I have is why do cars now have a cabin air filter. As soon as you roll down the window or open the door you have completely contaminated the Cabin air.

So, my question is do we really need a cabin air filter? :confused:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would think that the only reason for a cabin air filter is when you put the air on recirculate. Could also helps those with allergies, if its a really good pollen filter maybe. Otherwise, how much is it really helping... depending on the quality of your air filter - little to alot. If your windows are cracked or down... and the air is on.. then not at all. I would think its like your home AC/Heater system, if you have a good filtration (bacteriostatic / hepa, etc.) it helps alot, in deep winter and summer when most of us have doors and windows closed. During spring and fall when we crack open the house, then not so much... I will have to check into the actual quality of the cabin filter that the CT uses.

Reactions: CanadaCT

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pedro,
I checked the glove box but can't figure how to unlatch the hook. In my 05 Avalon there was a screw to remove. No such thing in the CT. I must be mechanical challenged.

·
Registered
13 Posts
U B D MAN, thanks
Great post! After getting to the filter to my surprise there was so much build up of leaves, dust and bugs no wonder there was a little oder coming from the vents. I will be ordering a filter to see if that clears up the smell. Thanks for the explanation on how to get to it, that was so easy! lol.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Great post! After getting to the filter to my surprise there was so much build up of leaves, dust and bugs no wonder there was a little oder coming from the vents. I will be ordering a filter to see if that clears up the smell. Thanks for the explanation on how to get to it, that was so easy! lol.
Thanks but credit goes to pgarci01

·
Registered
594 Posts
Pedro,
I checked the glove box but can't figure how to unlatch the hook. In my 05 Avalon there was a screw to remove. No such thing in the CT. I must be mechanical challenged.
Lol my bad you probably figured it out by now but you push the latch with your thumb. Once it's unlatched you push in on the walls of the glovebox and allow for it to fall out of the way. You will then see the cabin air filter and there are no screws to remove. Just pull it out, replace, and close everything back up. Just remember to reattach the hook or the glove box will drop very hard when you open it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lol my bad you probably figured it out by now but you push the latch with your thumb. Once it's unlatched you push in on the walls of the glovebox and allow for it to fall out of the way. You will then see the cabin air filter and there are no screws to remove. Just pull it out, replace, and close everything back up. Just remember to reattach the hook or the glove box will drop very hard when you open it.
I must be glove boxed challanged!!! Which direction do you push with your thumb? I broke the glove box clips on my CRV trying to change the filter..don't want to do the same to the latch!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts