Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start by saying I've owned several new cars that were brand new model introductions or major revamps to include:

Ford Sport Trac- rough ride but no issues.
Inifiniti G35- great car right out of the chute.
BMW 545- stellar performance but hi $ maintenance out of warranty
Acura MDX- top notch on everything

I really do love my first Honda, the CT...the ride, the utility and looks, all of it. That said, I've never owned a car that had so many 'issues' from the get go. All the problems forum members have pointed out so far and what I've encountered in my ride:

1) Door Handle sticking = yup...driver's door often fails to open on the first pull. WTH? Kind of embarrasing when a passenger sees you struggling with the door of your brand new ride.

2) Spoiler rub marks = yup...thank goodness I got black, a Sharpie has me covered for now...we'll see.

3) Glove box sag = not yet but a slight tug on the shows that it won't take much more weight to get there.

4) Axle/rear end noise = not on mine but others have mentioned it.

5) Engine Leak = not on mine, could be an isolated incident but has been mentioned.

I think I've covered all forum issues so far...nevermind the technical misses like no power gate, blind spots or temp gauge as I knew that going in. Honda/Acura's reputation for worry free cars made the Corsstour a no brainer but for the first time I'm thinking I might've been better off waiting for the 2011 Crosstour with all the bugs worked out...am I the only one thinking this? OK rant over...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Im at my dealer right now; getting the oil changed and having them readdress the problem with vibration and the missing paint under the spoiler. Will let ya know...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Problems others are reporting here with their vehicles don't get me in a panic. What makes you believe that the handful of issues reported here represent the norm rather than the exception? I mean, if we had every Crosstour owner posting here (we don't by a long shot) then we could start to draw conclusions about the defect rate of the vehicle. Besides, you suggested in your post that you don't have the majority of the issues reported here, so it sounds to me like you actually have nothing to worry about.

Don't sweat it. You have a good vehicle from a company with an excellent reputation.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The initial year is a good point in that there inevitably will be some glitches to iron out, but even with the know issues, I'd say the car is a good effort and relatively bug free.
I hope it continues that way and am confident that it will in the long haul.

Keep the faith. I'm sure we've got a good one here....:)

C.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Problems others are reporting here with their vehicles don't get me in a panic. What makes you believe that the handful of issues reported here represent the norm rather than the exception? I mean, if we had every Crosstour owner posting here (we don't by a long shot) then we could start to draw conclusions about the defect rate of the vehicle. Besides, you suggested in your post that you don't have the majority of the issues reported here, so it sounds to me like you actually have nothing to worry about.

Don't sweat it. You have a good vehicle from a company with an excellent reputation.

And please allow me to add, that many of us are here simply because we experienced a problem and went searching for a solution. Therefore, we can assume that the vast majority of CT owners out there aren't experiencing any of these issues and that is why they have yet to find our happy group. Remember also that the Crosstour is essentially an Acord that is two years into its latest generation. The engine, frame and drivetrain are all tried and true. The same is true of the electronics and such.

It's all good, man.

-fred

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Melodrama over...as i said earlier, i love the car....just don't know if I'd been better off waiting until all the bugs were fixed and tech innovations introduced (powergate, paddle shifters etc...). Oh well, i can just look forward to trading this one in after 100k miles and get a new and improved one then.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I really disagree with the OP's post. I think the CT is a great car and Ihave heard of a few small issues with the car. I also have the door handle sticking. It's really no big deal and if all cars were perfect then what would the Mechanics do for a living. :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
I am extremely pleased with ours. It could have been worse, just ask a Camaro owner, blown up engines, unbalanced driveshaft, rocks penetration the bumper cover, etc., etc., etc. I think Honda did very well, and I'm a Ford guy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi chefmark,
I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade, just thinking out loud. I really like the car and can endure some small issues ...I just hope no major problems arise. I have to admit that was a little embarrassed when I took some co workers to lunch and the door handle stuck...hard. I was going to wait until my first service but I'll probably take it in sooner. I took a little ribbing about trading in my BMW from the guys but all agreed the ride was very nice and the technology impressive. They all loved the CT's styling...I'll keep her a while I'm sure:)

I really disagree with the OP's post. I think the CT is a great car and Ihave heard of a few small issues with the car. I also have the door handle sticking. It's really no big deal and if all cars were perfect then what would the Mechanics do for a living. :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi chefmark,
I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade, just thinking out loud. I really like the car and can endure some small issues ...I just hope no major problems arise. I have to admit that was a little embarrassed when I took some co workers to lunch and the door handle stuck...hard. I was going to wait until my first service but I'll probably take it in sooner. I took a little ribbing about trading in my BMW from the guys but all agreed the ride was very nice and the technology impressive. They all loved the CT's styling...I'll keep her a while I'm sure:)

No Problem, I just think overall the CT is very well made car and for Honda it's kind of out of their box. I do agree that the Door Handle is a pain in the A$$. Plus, I know when I tak my car in it will be a nice cool day with no door handle sticking.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I got your point Frisco. A few years in there are always the extra toys, little bugs ironed out, etc.

I got a Ridgeline in '06, the first year out. Actually they came out in '05 but the point is that there was a bunch of mostly small stuff in the earliest models. A leaky windshield was the biffest I remember. And Honda fixed every one, many tales of them pulling all of the carpet, etc, to make it right. I never experienced any of the problems reported, so in less than a year the assembly line had fixed all of the quirks.

This is why I didn't flinch in buying another first year Honda. And as you were pondering, no, I would not buy a first year model vehicle, except a Handa.

Enjoy the rode brother.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys...cooler heads prevail...BTW, one of the guys I took to lunch is taking his wife to and look at Crosstours this weekend. I told him about this site and all the great info...and the very helpful members. Have a great weekend all!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey everyone,
Not sure if you know, but my door handle problem seems to be resolved. Its been about 5 day now and not one time did the door handle stick. So therefor, I am a happy camper. Like I said at the beginning, "this is a great car", just a little issue that needed to be resolved. I have owned several Hondas and have been happy with all of them, and I don't see this car being any different.
Getting ready to take it out to Cali., I can't wait to see how the CT does out on the highway I have't really had it on the highway since I've had the CT.
Thank you everyone for your input. This is really a great site. Enjoy the weekend!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey everyone,
Not sure if you know, but my door handle problem seems to be resolved. Its been about 5 day now and not one time did the door handle stick. So therefor, I am a happy camper. Like I said at the beginning, "this is a great car", just a little issue that needed to be resolved. I have owned several Hondas and have been happy with all of them, and I don't see this car being any different.
Getting ready to take it out to Cali., I can't wait to see how the CT does out on the highway I have't really had it on the highway since I've had the CT.
Thank you everyone for your input. This is really a great site. Enjoy the weekend!!
Glad to hear the door handles are cooperating. Be sure to give us your data, etc after your trip. Interested in seeing how the mileage is and any issues you encounter.

Have a good weekend too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Loving my new white/tan CT EXL awd and not having any issues yet. But every car has issues and Honda is not stupid. They'll fix it if it fails! Now Toyota... And as a multiple Rolls Royce owner for over 25 years, even a new Rolls/Bentley 10 times the cost of our CT's can have issues. A good friend ordered out a new Bentley GT and had so many issues the first year, that Bentley bought the car back and sent him a brand new car to his exact same specs. The new car has been no problem. $hit happens.

·
Registered
35 Posts
first year problems

I have a new crosstour with 300 miles on it. AWD model

It has severe axle whine noise at 50 -55 mph.

Dealer says this normal(right)?
door handle sticking -- went away all by itself after using the door for a week or so-- minor rattle in drivers door -- easily fixed by dealer-- no other issues after first 1700 miles.

as far a s forst year issues-- the CT has less issues than the 2008ex v-6-- which should have had the bugs ironed out-- it had a valve train problem, glove box issue and horrible rattles/buz coming from the rear deck ( all of these were widespread enough to have maintenance bulletins sent out on them) once those issues were resolved it was the best car of many many i had over the years-- hope the CT is as good.

will monitor to seeif rubbib issue occurs- so far not seen

frisco said he went from a BMW to the CT -- i am interested in his opinion of how the CT handles in contrast to the BMW.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Mel,
The BMW had 50hp more than the CT so it was noticebaly quicker off the line and butter smooth when you stepped on it. The CT hesitates a bit before kicking in all cylinders when you mash it. Suspension was more taut in the BMW which made it take sharp turns and corners much better than the CT which 'floats' more if that makes sense. Those things would be expected when comparing Hondas to BMWs wouldn't it? Even though the driving performance was better in the BMW, the driving 'experience' in the CT is much higher...seats are superior in the CT, technology far surpasses what I had (545 was an 04) with Navi and Bluetooth, larger cargo area, better stereo. Believe it or not, gas mileage was about the same, 24 MPG average combined city/hwy. All in all, I am really loving the CT...NOT missing the BWM at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts