Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I'm new to the forum and definitely don't want to start off sounding like a total buzz kill, but I've noticed an oil use issue with my 2010 with 20000 miles. I've found that there is currently a class action lawsuit in regards to excessive oil consumption!! I don't buy the B.S. Honda is telling me, plain and simple these motors should not use that much oil; 30 years ago yeah but not these days, synthetic oil or not. The class action includes 2008-2010 accords and other models. What spurred my research was when I noticed my wife starting the car and blue smoke puffed out of both tailpipes, I checked the oil, it was down a quart with 50% oil life. To me this is unacceptable and was wondering if any of you have experienced this oil consumption/burning issue. I've posted a link to the class action lawsuit.

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/1713-honda-accord-oil-defect-class-action-lawsuit#

Here is another link to the issue.

http://www.hondaproblems.com/problems/excessive-oil-consumption.shtml

I'm bringing my car back to the dealer this week to see what they can do. A new car should not use that much oil and most certainly not puff blue smoke when you start it!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've read about some having higher than typical oil consumption but haven't experienced it myself. I own a 2010 4wd that has ~22K miles on it. I bought it new (first new car purchase for me after nearly 3 decades of driving used cars) and drove it like I stole it early on to get the engine components broken in. Hard to say for sure if luck, fate or my actions were a contributing factor in the outcome.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been following the suggestions of the guys on BobisTheOilGuy forums about this series of motors. They suggested a Full Group 5 Synthetic oil (Running Penzoil Ultra since its a true group 5 and easily available) every 5k miles. Granted I have a low milage 2011 V6 but so far so good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I lost the motor in my CT with only having a 150 k on it . Had been burning oil constantly between oil changes . Part of the issue was the EGR valve . But these cars run hot I drive 100 miles a day . I love these cars but 2010 to 2011 seem to be the issue years . My CT now runs an acura motor .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts