Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! My son just kicked one of the rear A/C vent louver adjuster (silver piece with two black pieces) while getting out of the car. The three pieces completely fell out. I see that all three snap together but am not sure how to get them back in to the louver itself. Anyone have a clue? Thanks so much! Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had the same thing happen - ended up buying the whole "Outlet Assembly" from Bernardi Parts - Part number is 83460-TA1-Y12ZA (Honda OUTLET ASSY.,RR *NH167L*)

Cast was $30.90 plus Shipping.

www.BernadiParts.com

Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine Too

I broke one of louver adjusters when I stowed two camp chairs behind front seat; you know - the folding kind in a carry bag. It separated into 3 pieces. Man these things are vulnerable. I pried out the assembly with a spatula and tomorrow I am going to attempt to access louvers more fully and glue this thing back together. If I fail I guess it's $35.00 or so for a replacement.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Speaking of ooops....Don't ever dent those speaker grills in the rear doors. They're totally integrated into the door panel and can't be removed/replaced. The whole door panel has to be replaced and that's nearly $300.00 from the Honda dealer. The ding is nearly "not noticeable", so I won't be replacing anytime soon. In this case, I can live with my boo-boo! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
621 Posts
This thing broke on my car as well!!!

I havent attempted fixing it yet.

(Although I imagined that the vent assemble would detach and then I could operate on it from both sides.... and it wasn't anything a little super glue wouldn't fix)

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's back together

Maybe this will help. Excuse me if the terms aren't exactly correct. When the louver broke the "silver" front piece came off along with the two halves of the adjuster. I had to get to the louver so I pried off the whole piece with a paint spatula (wrapped end in masking tape to prevent marring). I eventually removed 12 assorted screws and by using a little force got the louver component out. Accessing the back of the louver was still not in sight so with a wide blade screw driver I was able to pry out the one "slat" the adjuster was fastened to. I super-glued the silver piece on the bottom of the clamshell device (it has two pins, one of mine was gone) and I was able to snap the clamshell back on the louver. The bottom piece has a catch that must be aligned with an arm (easy). I then forced the louver back in to place by inserting end (center-side) into its two holes. Using a screwdriver I was able to spread the louver housing and snap the other end into its hole. Reassembly was easy and it is now back in car. I seldom carry passengers in the rear seat so I think this fix will be fine. Mechanically it obviously isn't as strong but it doesn't need to be. It looks fine and that is what mattered to me. I know this is long but this was pretty easy. Good luck if you try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts