Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site. I had an idea for a trim detail and wondered if anyone else has tried this. The stamped design at the bottom of the doors could look great if it were covered with a chrome colored plastic self adhesive wide trim piece. Cut from a 6" wide roll of chrome type tape. It would look something like the running board on the BMW X6. Anybody tried this and has any advice/pictures? Thanks Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. 3M probably have a suitable chrome vinyl tape that should work. Making the paper template to cut the tape to the right shape of that indent in the panel could be tricky. And will the tape stick into the dents pounded in along the panel? Hope so. Good luck with it. Rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for that. 3M probably have a suitable chrome vinyl tape that should work. Making the paper template to cut the tape to the right shape of that indent in the panel could be tricky. And will the tape stick into the dents pounded in along the panel? Hope so. Good luck with it. Rob
I can get the vinyl to stick in there with no problem. Cuting it will be easy I have some tape I use that will cut a clean edge with out hurting the paint. The thing that will take some time is the waffle design cuz I will have to work each indent at a time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get the vinyl to stick in there with no problem. Cuting it will be easy I have some tape I use that will cut a clean edge with out hurting the paint. The thing that will take some time is the waffle design cuz I will have to work each indent at a time.
Ogbatman - did you have any luck trying the chrome vinyl tape application? Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts