Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone know what is the different between blue color antifreeze and green color?? does anyone know local area store auto part or walmart carry this type 2 ?? just want to get some for back up..... any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My Subaru also uses Blue Antifreeze. It is silicate free, borate free, and long life. Peak Global is suposed to meet that requirement.

·
Registered
73 Posts
For my other Honda's I buy my anti-freeze from the Honda dealer. It is pre-mixed and isn't extremely expensive considering you don't need more than 1 gallon.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Using the wrong antifreeze in your car can lead to engine dammage. The chemicals in the coolant may have a corrosive effect on the different types of allows in the engine. Also, different types of coolant DO NOT mix. If you fill a bottle with half green coolant and half orange coolant and shake it they'll appeaqr to mix but when you let it sit they will seperate again. I've never heard of blue coolant but I can only imagine it won't mix either. The way engines are built nowadays you really can't just put in any fluids, putting in the wrong tranny fluid, engine oil, coolant or whatever can lead to severe dammage and expensive repairs. Of course you can use whatever windshield washer you want though!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts