Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Black on Black EX-L Navi in Connecticut

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  iggibar 
#1 ·
We just got a 2011 EX-L-Navi CT in Crystal Black with black leather for my wife.
Her first import ever after 20+ years of owning two Jeep Cherokee Laredo and Limited and Trans-Am's and Mustangs before that.

I bought a new 2008 Pilot in '09 and she doesn't like it at all. I brought her to the dealer to sell her on the CRV and made the"mistake" of showing her the Crosstour. She test drove the CRV and Nissan Rogue, loved the Toyota Venza before finally test driving the Crosstour. Her fears about rear visibility were overcome quickly and she was almost sold.

We were close to deciding on getting the polished metal metalic without navi, but then decided on wanting the navi for the backup camera. The dealer website only had silver and black with navi and then the realization that she always loves hot cars in black put us over the edge.
Drove it off the lot yesterday and happy with the deal. $32,200 with Navi and a very generous trade in on her 1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited with 99,650 miles.
I thought that she was going to sleep in the car last night. Drove it around today in the rain and worked on figuring out all the bells and whistles on the navi and handfree link, etc.
My wife is in love...I hope I get to drive it once in a while.

See less See more
#2 ·
Great choice! I'm in love with mine, too. I went with a 2010 exl w/o Nav (<3 weeks ago) because that fit my budget and I'm so thrilled. It is just so much car for the money!
The backup camera is one thing I do wish I had sometimes, though. Maybe I'll spring for the backup sensors at some point...
Hard to not like the Pilot, btw. I drive my in-laws' several times a year and even though it may not be exciting, it always pleases me. It's just very easy to drive and very flexible. Seems like an easy SUV to live with and I'm not an SUV guy.
New cars are fun, aren't they?!
Welcome to the forum,
Glenn

#3 ·
Forgot to state that it's the AWD model as well. We were looking at small SUV's and crossovers with AWD and Leather as the prime minimum requirements and MSRP's in the $28,000 to $31,000 range (Rav's,Rogues, CX7's, CRV's).
It was a bit of a reach to go all the way up to the EX-L AWD with Navi at an MSRP of just over $37,000 (inc destination, etc) but getting a full $5,000 off the MSRP made it possible and too tempting to pass on.

#4 · (Edited)
Know exactly what you mean. I loved the Crosstour as soon as it came out, but never thought I could really afford it. I started looking into finding a used 2010 (not easy), but then I found out I could do just as well on an outgoing new 2010. Top of my budget, but I had to have it!
(my requirements were AWD Bluetooth and leather)

#5 ·
I'm looking forward to picking mine up tomorrow. 2011 EX-L 4WD no Nav. Originally I ordered the one with the Nav because I thought it was a cool feature and also liked the idea of the back up camera, but then I came to my senses and realized I really don't need either of those two options, and with the horror stories regarding the CT's Nav I called them yesterday to switch to the EX-L.

Polished Metallic Metal with the Black interior. Really loved the look of it and can't wait to get there tomorrow! Never again will I do another New England winter without 4WD or AWD! :D

#7 ·
One thing that we never knew how good the Crosstour really was had a lot to do with the AWD system it has. Without snow, going out to the dealer to test one is something you will never know about, and how good it is. The AWD in the CT is REALLY good! We got a lot of snow here in Cleveland at night(still snowing), and I couldn't even get it stuck, even while trying to go into the deepest areas I could find. I'm really happy with it! This is a lot of snow for cleveland, if it doesn't get stuck now, it never will!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.