Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am about to pull the trigger and order an EX-L 4WD in polished metal metallic, but my wife wants ivory interior and I want black. Since I've never owned a vehicle with black leather interior, do these really get that hot in the summer months? I'm guessing direct sunlight would be the main cause of this, just I just want to get opinions from owners of this color.
Thanks.

- Tim

·
Registered
622 Posts
Tim,

I live just outside Atlanta and have the Polished Metal with black leather. It is really not an issue. I lived in South Florida for 34 years and had black cars with dark interiors. Common sense, face the car into the sun for 3 hours on a summer afternoon and yowser. Keep it in the shade or perk with the rear of the car toward the sun and really no problem. The car windows are so deeply tinted in the back that it really is not a big issue.

Now, being a native New Englander, this time of year you definitely let the sun shine in from the front window hoping to warm the seats, lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
also keep in mind that the black will better hide scuffs and dirt than the ivory, which tends to show its wear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great information! This all makes total sense...
Thanks much Army Dad and DOOM. I'll print this out and show my wife tonight. I'm sure she'll be convinced now that the black interior is the way to go.... :)

- Tim

·
Registered
534 Posts
I went with Ivory just because its somewhat 2-tone, and since most of my cars have had dark interiors, I was favoring a change as well.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I went with Ivory just because its somewhat 2-tone, and since most of my cars have had dark interiors, I was favoring a change as well.
I really love the 2-tone look of the light interior... but there was no way I was going to go with tan seats.

I wish they had a Black / Dark Gray highlight 2-tone available.

*shrug*

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the black interior.

Not too bad in the summer (we get a lot of 90s and a few 100s) as long as you pay attention to what direction you park.

One note of caution...
If the sunroof is open, direct sunlight will turn a black seat into a frying pan in minutes no matter what the time of year. Yikes!!! :eek::eek::eek:

But I still like the look of the black over the ivory - I don't care for that at all.

And, quick dust and the black always looks good!!! One of those "California Duster" thingies works great.

Deep tan and gray would have been nice alternatives...

S'Bound

·
Registered
25 Posts
Look at 3-4 year old used luxury cars. The black interior holds up way better than tan.

I would have bought a red crosstour, but I was very dissapointed in honda for not offering it with black interior.

Ryan

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have the Black with black interior, no problems and it looks great.

Even if it did get too hot you would still look cool in it!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
We considered both interior colors on our white CT. We decided on the tan because in the black we felt like we were in a dark cave with no light. For us, the tan made the car bright and more enjoyable to be in.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
With the darkened windows (and blinds for the front glass when parked) I don't worry about it too much. I may opt to go with tinting for the driver/passenger windows to match the rear window tint level, but I'll decide after we have a few hot days here - which could be any time now.

:)

·
Registered
621 Posts
With the darkened windows (and blinds for the front glass when parked) I don't worry about it too much. I may opt to go with tinting for the driver/passenger windows to match the rear window tint level, but I'll decide after we have a few hot days here - which could be any time now.

:)
I tinted my front windows to match... if anything, I love the way it evens out the looks of the car.

(For reference, the best match appeared to be 20% tint, which may or may not be illegal in your area.)

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
I would have bought a red crosstour, but I was very dissapointed in honda for not offering it with black interior.
Me too :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts