Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, they are calling for 12+++ inches of Heavy Snow here on Tuesday. This will be the CT's first real test. We had couple of small snow storms (8") but this one will be a blizzard and I have to get to work.

Stay tuned, More to Follow.......

Plus it going down to -9

·
Registered
81 Posts
We're almost in February and the winter here is not as its supposed to be. Normally, we're getting a couple of heavy snow more than 20 cms per shot. So far, we get only one last December. Since then, we get an inch here an inch there. Listening to the weather forecast, heavy snow appears everywhere but not around where I'm living. (suburb of Montreal area). Still crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
237 Posts
They are predicting 2" of Ice for us here in central Indiana all day tuesday into wednesday. I'd rather have the snow!

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
Have fun... got 8" at my place (the bottom ~1-2 were sleet) last Thursday night. My bean had no trouble in it. I was bummed that the building folks where I work were too darn efficient and had plowed off the roof level of the parking garage way early :/

I was all pumped to do some maneuvers up there before heading in to the office.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ok, they are calling for 12+++ inches of Heavy Snow here on Tuesday. This will be the CT's first real test. We had couple of small snow storms (8") but this one will be a blizzard and I have to get to work.

Plus it going down to -9
We're expecting a 20" dump here which is the first of it's kind in 2 years.
People are being warned to stay home if you can.

Be safe CM (and everyone)....sounds like this storm will be a doozie.
C.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Big Snow Updated

Plus it going down to -9
So...It begins Shot this outside of the Work They cut back the amount of snow, now only 8" - 10". Still a Blizzard is on the way

2 Hours Later.......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well made it too work today. My commute was faster since most stayed home. I work in Indianapolis so we weren't hit with the big snow, more ice than snow. I really wanted to test the car in the snow, but I can wait.

·
Registered
622 Posts
We're clear on this one in Georgia. You folks take care, leave them all in the barn if possible. (Unless you're going out to play with the CT).

The Southern system has a strong cold front attached. My wife is a flight attendant and called me an hour ago from Ft. Polk, La. She is doing a military charter, they left the plane upon arrival and are sitting in a shelter due to tornado warnings. I hope they feed them some Army chow. Then she can't complain about my lack of culinary skills anymore. He-he.

Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just got issued a severe Ice storm warning in effect until 7am wednesday.. So more Ice ontop of the Ice/Snow we already got, then an additional 2-8 inches of snow on that.. through wednesday night @ 7pm. So it's like a double stack cake, a layer of ice, a layer of snow, a layer of really thick ice, then a nice frosted layer of snow. Enjoy! I'm just glad tommorrow am I wont have to scrape my car off since its parked in my garage!

Drive safe if you have to drive in this stuff! Slow and Easy!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in Ski Country USA, and I drive my 4WD CT in snow and ice all the time. Studded Nokian Hakkepellitas on all four wheels, and it rocks in the snow. If anyone has a chance and a safe place to do so, go and play with your CT while the VSA is off and practice your winter driving skills. The CT is a superb snow car!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2 hours later.....
Going home in about 2 more hours.

OK, about 1.5 hours later
Drive home, not too bad. The CT was really good even in the drifts. I had to stop at a few lights and had no issues getting moving again. Lots of ruts on the road too and she went through like a hot knife on butter

One item I did notice when I got home was the rear of the car was covered including the tail lights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts