Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
One of the first mods I did....Looks way cleaner (and easier to keep clean as less little spots for dirt to accumulate....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Has anyone removed the big "H"onda on the rear glass ? Pic please ??? Thanks.
Well here's my opinion on removing emblems and changing out too many parts. Having had BMW's for 20 yrs, I like my car to be original. I feel you would knock down the value when De-bagding , or taking away it's originality. (Unless you put it back when selling) For me, if I was looking to buy a Use car(nice car) and the owner had remove it's Emblems or took it's originality away, I probably wouldn't buy it. Also if you loose those pieces you have to be doing a lot of explaining to what kind of car it is, is it really?? etc. Also when changing rims, buyers want the originals as well. At least I do. Well this is just my opinion. I did look at some of the pics and they looked ok. I like my car, I paid a lot of money for what it is, so I like everything about how they designed it and it's emblems. I'm not a shame of my Honda or H's!:)

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I like that with the crosstour in place of the H looks good !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well here's my opinion on removing emblems and changing out too many parts. Having had BMW's for 20 yrs, I like my car to be original. I feel you would knock down the value when De-bagding , or taking away it's originality. (Unless you put it back when selling) For me, if I was looking to buy a Use car(nice car) and the owner had remove it's Emblems or took it's originality away, I probably wouldn't buy it. Also if you loose those pieces you have to be doing a lot of explaining to what kind of car it is, is it really?? etc. Also when changing rims, buyers want the originals as well. At least I do. Well this is just my opinion. I did look at some of the pics and they looked ok. I like my car, I paid a lot of money for what it is, so I like everything about how they designed it and it's emblems. I'm not a shame of my Honda or H's!:)
Amen to that, me too I just love the way my car looks, that is why I bought it and I am proud of my Honda ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well, we are the only ones that know what a CT looks like though, but yes of course keep badges if you plan on selling your CT before it wears out...for us we will have for a good couple of 100K miles and by then no matters...

·
Registered
3 Posts
debadging...

Porsche even offers customers a no-cost option to have various badges never even installed at the factory.

On our crosstour, I already pulled the square "accord" badge. Partly because we leased an accord in maybe '98 and I hated it...

Regarding the "H" - it is a little too much in your face and chromy in my opinion.

I was considering buying spray paint in body color (the light green) and going that route. But I thought the ebadge was held on with actual hardware through the glass.

It might be hard to remove, spray and neatly reapply using the old sticky foam.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Porsche even offers customers a no-cost option to have various badges never even installed at the factory.

On our crosstour, I already pulled the square "accord" badge. Partly because we leased an accord in maybe '98 and I hated it...

Regarding the "H" - it is a little too much in your face and chromy in my opinion.

I was considering buying spray paint in body color (the light green) and going that route. But I thought the ebadge was held on with actual hardware through the glass.

It might be hard to remove, spray and neatly reapply using the old sticky foam.
You can order just the H part with adhesive foam from the online Honda store... (In the parts catalogue)

I forget the price, but perhaps it's worth it to buy one, try painting it first, and if you like it, you'll have it, and the adhesive, to install it on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I also believe in keeping cars "original" (my 77 vette is entered in car shows as Stock and looks like it just came from the the dealer) But I have been looking at that big H and saying it just doesn't look right sitting on the glass. I know Honda puts an H in the middle of the back of their cars, however it might be time to get out a piece of fishing line and take it off.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Debadge or not to debadge - THAT is the question.

It may be a little premature to assume that our early model Crosstours will become Classics. It's your car - drive it the way YOU like it. You can always glue it back on. As soon as I can get the wife away from the car for a day or two, I believe a badgectomy will be forthcoming. Then the tense wait to see how long it takes her to realize that some hoodlums have taken souveniers. Place your bets, gents - place your bets..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes the H is glued on. I ran some monofilament fishing line (20# leader worked) behind it and "sawed it off. There will be residue on the glass (which I think is actually plastic). I used Goof Off 2 (safe for plastic) to remove the glue. Takes a little rubbing with a cloth towel but comes off.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes the H is glued on. I ran some monofilament fishing line (20# leader worked) behind it and "sawed it off. There will be residue on the glass (which I think is actually plastic). I used Goof Off 2 (safe for plastic) to remove the glue. Takes a little rubbing with a cloth towel but comes off.
This.

Also, I used a hairdryer to soften the adhesive a bit... not sure if it helped, but I did eventually get the H off and got to make a lot of noise in the process.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts