Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I play songs with a lot of bass the tail lights flicker a bit. I also noticed that the negative battery to chassis wire is pretty small (I think 6 gauge) and my amp is using a 4 gauge wire. Should I just replace that wire or go with the big 3 upgrade?

As you can see in that photo there is only 1 wire running to the negative battery terminal

·
Registered
534 Posts
Are you sure the flickering isn't caused by vibration?

And circuits work using the weakest link method. You can only get as much current in as you can get out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I'm sure because whenever the bass hits in ****** in paris my tail lights flicker a bit. And the wire running from the battery to my amp is a lot bigger than the ground from the battery to the chassis.

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
To test your theory, run a temporary ground wire directly from stereo to the negative of the battery. Then turn up the music. Do the tail lights flicker now?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a good idea but, I don't have a extra 4 AWG cable lying around. I can't test that any other ideas. But do you think that the ground wire to the chassis is a little bit small?

·
Registered
534 Posts
You can increase the ground cable, just go straight to the chassis, no need to run all the way back to the amp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts