Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could just be me getting a bad ball joint or the extra stress placed on it from my lifted build but my Mevotech MS60503 front lower ball joint popped out on last Friday 9/20. The cover of the ball tore and the ball came out of the the lower casing. This is just a warning to anyone that has the Mevotech ball joints but hopefully I was an outlier.

I had just turned from a stop sign when it happened and under 10mph. It just shredded the inside of that wheel's rim as the lower nut dug into the rim. It was only installed in April and lasted about 12000 miles (yes I drive a lot). Got it towed and replace with OEM Honda ball joints. Just wanted to put out a warning

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
761 Posts
All manufacturers have a certain amount of defective parts that come off the assembly line, and this includes not just Mevotech, but also Honda. It happens, which is why Honda and others give a warranty. I would suggest that you contact Mevotech and ask them to warranty it. If I remember correctly, Mevotech gives a LIFETIME warranty on their parts. You would need to check to see if they cover other damage, but I doubt it. At least get some new parts and perhaps sell them on Ebay to get back some of your money for their failure.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I looked on carid to find the warranty info for the parts and am working on getting the info together that I need to send them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts