Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, what is best?

Steve
Regardless of the wax brand, you better consider doing a clay bar on the entire car before you put on any wax. I've used Mother 's Clay Bar and loved it on all my cars. This will remove tiny impurities and leave a very smooth surface to wax.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Regardless of the wax brand, you better consider doing a clay bar on the entire car before you put on any wax. I've used Mother 's Clay Bar and loved it on all my cars. This will remove tiny impurities and leave a very smooth surface to wax.
I also like the Clay Magic blue bar. I have been maintaining a black Ridgeline for a few years now and the prep is the most important step. A good quality random orbital polisher will be a great investment. I have to polish mine every time before I wax it to pull out swirls no matter how careful I am in washing it. As far as wax goes, a good quality synthetic is Rejex. Not too pricey and easy to use.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Polish = 3M Ultrafine

Finish = I love the expression on folks faces when my S2000 is at a car show and they ask what wax I used and then I tell them a $4 bottle of NuFinish. Some of the others showing cars come by and ask "Do you really use NuFinish?".

It works.

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts