Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As normal I washed my car gently and always wiped it with a chamois. When I wiped the left wiper arm, a small piece of broken plastic came out. I found out it was the plastic cover just beside the one you need to open when you remove the wiper blade. So, I put a temporary black tape to keep it there. I went to the dealer this morning to get a replacement cover. (it's about 3 inches long by half of an inch large). Surprise!!! They cannot order this plastic cover alone, you need to buy the whole wiper arm. The price was $57 CDN + taxes. I spoke with the manager and he agreed to change it under warranty.

Anyhow, my point here is only to share with you my experience and be careful with this otherwise $$$...

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
534 Posts
At least you have a good dealer, glad it ended up ok. I'll have to make a note to be careful when washing ours.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i booked an appt tmr for it, getting mine fixed too, fuk sakes order a new blade for no reason...

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
we have changed a dozen of these already, they will most likely change the design soon I will let everyone know if they do.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we have changed a dozen of these already, they will most likely change the design soon I will let everyone know if they do.
Hummm...surprising to see this with Honda. This is my fifth one and first time I see something fragile as this. We are talking wiper here not a fancy electronic feature. This is basic stuff. Anyhow, my dealer said this is the first one they changed. I don't know how much CT's they sold there but I doubt they sold a lot at this price. Anyhow Rusty, keep us in the loop...thanks again for your input...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts