Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
big brakes are awsome but you wont be able to put your snows on with the big calipers ! you will have to run your HFP's all year round ! LOL
i got the brembo's on my mustang they are amazing !

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Much Much Much cheaper way to get that high performance brake look.

Found this on eBay. Only $59.95 and they come in various colors (red, yellow, gold, black, blue, silver, and carbon black) that DO fit the Honda CT. I have to wonder how well the glue holds under these conditions, likewise, when it comes time to change your brake pads, you obviously must unglue this device and then either try and reuse it. Overall, they don't look too bad and does give the car that higher performance look for a fraction of the cost.

SIMPLY GLUE THEM ON TO YOUR STOCK BRAKE
CALIPERS & GET THAT BIG MONEY RACING LOOK!
STUNNING DETAIL LOOKS AMAZING!
QUICK AND VERY EASY TO INSTALL!

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
Much Much Much cheaper way to get that high performance brake look.

Found this on eBay. Only $59.95 and they come in various colors (red, yellow, gold, black, blue, silver, and carbon black) that DO fit the Honda CT. I have to wonder how well the glue holds under these conditions, likewise, when it comes time to change your brake pads, you obviously must unglue this device and then either try and reuse it. Overall, they don't look too bad and does give the car that higher performance look for a fraction of the cost.

SIMPLY GLUE THEM ON TO YOUR STOCK BRAKE
CALIPERS & GET THAT BIG MONEY RACING LOOK!
STUNNING DETAIL LOOKS AMAZING!
QUICK AND VERY EASY TO INSTALL!
This is right in the same category as fake hood air scoops... too embarrassing.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Xaque - True this would be embarrassing if you advertised that you have fake Brembo calipers. I don’t think most people who purchase these glue on kits advertise they are fake. I’ll bet the majority of these glue on kit purchasers also have a real Brembo sticker in their back window! I am actually more surprised that Brembo allows the use of their name on this product?! I actually thought they looked pretty good at a savings of about $3,000 - $60 = $2940 dollars! (Not counting labor and brake fluid).

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i like the loook of it, but i dont like that fake stuff...

·
Registered
124 Posts
If I had to pay big money to upgrade a stock brake setup, I would rather pay for StopTech. Seen many people waste countless money on a Brembo setup that seem to cost a lot just because of the name associated with them.

As for those fakes...I bet it slows you down quicker...lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah im awaiting another set up, i can hold off on these for now, i dont want to waste all of my money buying winter tires.. -__-

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
If I had to pay big money to upgrade a stock brake setup, I would rather pay for StopTech. Seen many people waste countless money on a Brembo setup that seem to cost a lot just because of the name associated with them.

As for those fakes...I bet it slows you down quicker...lol
i bet it slows you down when your humming down the freeway and the glue lets go and it wedges between your wheel :eek: LOL

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm a bit new to the acura/honda tuning scene...so, my knowledge is limited.

Has anyone successfully swapped some Acura Calipers from a late model tsx or tl
on a CT??
I'm not sure, but I swear some of the higher end TSX/TL's/RL's had twin-piston calipers on them with a big ACURA logo on the outside face.

Anybody seen/done this??

Aftermarket BBK's like stoptech, brembo, etc. just aren't cost effective for a daily driver given the general amount of stopping power "gained" vs. what is needed or used.

gr

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gents,

I thought the front brakes on the CT are twin piston? Did I miss something, was there a change in brakes between 2011-2012?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nope.
If you start noticing other hondas and in general, 95% of all other passenger cars on the road....most utilize the exact SAME caliper configuration on the front setup.
Even high-end luxury cars. :eek:

Single PISTON (albeit a LARGE one) calipers on each front rotor.
Usually same in back for 4wheel disc applications.

True Twin Piston Calp's are RARE these days!

gr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts