Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Personally, if the CT was real popular and there was one in every driveway, I probably would not have bought one. My CT has been de-badged, including painting over the ‘H’ center caps and even removing the ‘H’ in the center of the grille. People don’t know if I’m driving a Lexus, Hyundai, Porsche, Infiniti, or whatever. When I give them a hint and tell them it is AWD, it just confuses them more. If Honda quit making CT’s tomorrow, I would be just fine with that. I think the uniqueness of this vehicle is what also appeals to me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for posting CrosstourJed -

MSN is notorius for their poor reviews and comments on cars, so I wouldn't pay any attention to this one. Judging by the comments that have been left on that string, no one agrees with their list either.

As the Crosstour is no longer new in the marketplace, it is receiving some good reviews by reliable and respected sources. Check out this post for some recent reviews that may be of interest: http://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1201

I was on the radio a few weeks ago and we were talking about the Crosstour. The reviewer commented that it was one of the quietest cars he's ever driven. We discussed the quality of the car and the functional sense it is of having a large rear hatch. In my opinion, this is the type of publicity that really counts.

Purchasers in this segment aren't cookie cutter car buyers anyway, so none of us would be swayed by making this list, (even if was legit)..especially when it is built by a proven reliable manufacturer like Honda.

Take care -

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for posting CrosstourJed.

I can only draw from my own experience but before I went to the 2011 Northwest Auto Show the CT wasn't anywhere on my radar screen to own and I was probably vaguely even familiar with it. I was a dedicated CR-V owner for the last 13 years and figured that would be my next purchase also unless I made the decision to jump up to the Pilot.

When I saw the CT at the Auto Show I thought it would be "interesting" to see what it "felt like inside" but, again, never thought I would see myself owning one. I am 6'6" and one of the reasons I got into the CR-V was for the head room but this 'Accord-kind-of-looking' car couldn't possibly be viable.....

I think it was 2 weeks later after doing a ton of research that I ordered my CT and 3 weeks later I drove mine home. Yes, I saw a few less than complimentary reviews along the way, but my first impression of those reviews was that the reviewer hadn't spent as much time as I did at the Auto Show just sitting in a CT. I know what some folks may say but my CT was also the first car I ever bought without test driving one! I guess that comes from owning Hondas for so long and being an engineer that I have never doubted the engineering that Honda puts into their cars and that translates almost seamlessly into how well I trust Honda to make sure their cars drive great.

So when everything was said for me it comes down to:

1. The CT styling (not exactly the same as every other Honda model... love what Crashmaster said about letting people wonder if it is a Lexus, Hyundai, Porsche or what....that is exactly what I thought when I saw my first CT on the road);
2. The exceptional comfortableness of the CT (still when I get into my CT I honestly feel like I get "absorbed" into the car and am part of what I am driving...loved all of my CR-Vs for the last 13 years [and my Civics before that] but I would never have said that about them);
3. All the "bells and whistles" of the CT (OK, I admit I am a geeky engineer and the CT pushes those buttons just right);
4. It is a incredibly comfortable ride (I drive at least 65 miles a day 5+ days a week and definitely appreciate the comfortable ride); and,
5. I like how other people still check out my CT (maybe I am missing their whole reason for looking at my CT but so far I haven't gotten the impression they are in shock and wondering if someone has re-designed the AMC Pacer or something [my apologies to any former Pacer owners...but seriously that car is scary]...their looks are like, "what kind of car is that?"...I haven't experienced that before with my other Hondas quite like I have with my CT).

I think this and next year will be Honda's decision point for continuing the CT into the future. I like the fact that it is now its own Honda model not the "Accord Crosstour" which I think was a misstep by Honda marketing. I think the CT is on the verge of taking off. Small, unofficial poll by one person, but I have been watching the local 6 Honda dealers flow of CTs since I bought mine and they seem to be moving despite everything in the reviews or how much marketing Honda is or isn't putting into it...so someone is buying them...but I don't mind a bit that everyone isn't either :)

My 2-cents...just saying

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I've had lots of cars, but only two have attracted lookers in parking lots: my '74 Fiat 124 Sports Coupe (gorgerous and excellent-handling piece of crap) and my new CT.

·
Registered
124 Posts
First of all, it's MSN Autos, the leaders in giving car advice that leads people to buying bland crap! Second, most of the cars they mentioned are absolutely great cars. Also, they included the VW Phaeton, one of the best cars ever made by mad-kind. Dumb people who don't know anything about cars would take that list to mean those cars are bad. For people in Germany, getting the opportunity to buy a VW Phaeton means they know how to enjoy life without being pricks, don't like to be in the mainstream, and know what a good car is.

If I like a car, I'll buy it. Unless the person stating their opinion about my car is paying for my car, I could car less to waste time indulging in their crap. Peace!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I enjoy our Crosstour everytime I drive it. It is a quality product that runs very well. I certainly would buy another one.

Mert Cheney

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I enjoy our Crosstour everytime I drive it. It is a quality product that runs very well. I certainly would buy another one.

Mert Cheney
Cool.... I was born in Bakersfield. Went to McKinley Elementary back in the day. A CT in Bakersfield, how cool.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got a 2012 CT and I, too, get the looks like "what is that, that's nice!". I caught a lady staring at it in a store parking lot and she actually said that. And I do like the fact that I don't see them very often on the road. In fact, I haven't seen one at all since I bought mine 9 days go. If I saw one before then, I probably didn't know what it was. I love my CT - it lives up to everything I like about Honda. I haven't had a new car since 2000, so I'm loving all of the bells and whistles. This is my first hatchback, so I'm getting used to the view from the back window, but it hasn't been a problem so far. I take most reviews with a grain of salt - it's all relative. The real reviews are right here from those of us who actually drive these cars every day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts