Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2011 CT-EXL-Navi-Black/Black and my wife loves her new car, except....
She noticed that the carpet seams between the front doors and the front seats is overlapped, coming up and not glued down or some type of plate covering the awkward seam. This is the same on both the driver and passenger side carpeted area.
It almost looks like they either didn't cut the seam correctly because it overalaps or they didn't glue the overlap part down or they left out a plate or something to cover that part of the carpet. It's actually pulling out from under the door molding covering the carpet on passenger side.
Does anyone else have this same issue with the carpeting? Is yours fit and finished differently?
My wife has an appointment with service at the dealer tomorrow, but just wondered if maybe our CT missed this QC test on the carpets or if it's just a design flaw?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hummm, intriguing, I will check tonight because mine is black inside and I have the Weathertech carpets so nothing is noticeable but thanks for the info. I will get back to you after checking it tonight.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
We have a 2011 CT-EXL-Navi-Black/Black and my wife loves her new car, except....
She noticed that the carpet seams between the front doors and the front seats is overlapped, coming up and not glued down or some type of plate covering the awkward seam. This is the same on both the driver and passenger side carpeted area.
It almost looks like they either didn't cut the seam correctly because it overalaps or they didn't glue the overlap part down or they left out a plate or something to cover that part of the carpet. It's actually pulling out from under the door molding covering the carpet on passenger side.
Does anyone else have this same issue with the carpeting? Is yours fit and finished differently?
My wife has an appointment with service at the dealer tomorrow, but just wondered if maybe our CT missed this QC test on the carpets or if it's just a design flaw?
can you take a quick pic of it i could check it at work with a couple of crosstour's see if it is the same

·
Registered
594 Posts
+1 on posting a pic...

If it is what I think you're saying then yea mines is the same way...

·
Registered
234 Posts
mine is the same overlapped but its ok for me,,,,, i think we all have the same thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ours is the same, split and overlapped. I think this is because that is where the cabling to the seats exits the harness along the under door sill and, for service/installation reasons, this allows access to them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow up...
I did stop at another dealer and noted the overalap design on the Crosstour and actually it's the same design in the identical interior in an Accord sedan.
My wife took the car to the dealer on Thursday and they acknowledged that it is a design flaw. They also determined that her Crosstour did have a problem with the driver's side overlap not being cut correctly and the passenger side was coming up from under the door plate. They fixed the passengers side, but not much they can do about the drivers side being mis-cut. You can see the batting/padding on the underside of the carpet where the seem is because the overlap is too short.
We're just not going to obsess about it and know that it is what it is. Not a huge deal.
I was actually considering some color coded edging or grommet to slip over that edge. It's too bad that they didn't think that design through a little bit more. There should be a kick plate or a better design for the overlap. Maybe even extending the overlap and having a velcro connection?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts