Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

New to the forum as I just purchased a used 2014 EX-L with 85K miles. So far I am loving the car however, the backup camera is really blurry. It was pretty bad when I bought it and since using a Macguires Headlight Restoration kit on it, I believe I've made it even worse.

Anyone know how to mechanically remove / replace the camera or lense? I don't see any readilly accessible fasteners. I am mechanically inclined and want to avoid going to the dealership on this one if I can.

Cheers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, generally, you don't want to use anything but a nice soft cloth to clean any optics. you might have to replace the whole thing. my initial search revealed that they are pretty expensive. I think your best bet would be to get a used one from a junkyard or ebay if you don't want to spend around $200 for a new oem one. However, I found this guy doing this to his camera (see the link) not sure if I would try it personally, but I leave it up to you :).

https://youtu.be/WAEInRtfSa8

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

New to the forum as I just purchased a used 2014 EX-L with 85K miles. So far I am loving the car however, the backup camera is really blurry. It was pretty bad when I bought it and since using a Macguires Headlight Restoration kit on it, I believe I've made it even worse.

Anyone know how to mechanically remove / replace the camera or lense? I don't see any readilly accessible fasteners. I am mechanically inclined and want to avoid going to the dealership on this one if I can.

Cheers!
Did you get it fixed? I have the same problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts