Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone install back-up sensors on the CT? I've been looking at getting a set on ebay for about 30 bucks(!). I'm sure I will get used to it parking without it, but I don't want to learn by bumping in to things, or by slowly backing up. Where I park, if you don't park within 10 seconds(literally), you will get honked at.

Backup camera would also be nice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i got the sensors installed and they saved me once already, they paid themselves off by doing so. you still have to back up slowly in order for them to work. If you back up too fast they will not work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Buy an aftermarket rear view camera. I got one for $50 at Sams.

I mounted the camera inside, pointing out of the lower window, with velcro.

It plugged into the outlet in the compartment on the left side, broadcasting the image by radio to the view screen.

I put the view screen right in front of the shift lever, altho on our Toyota MR2, I replaced the rear view mirror with it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually ended up purchasing a rear-view camera system with a monitor that I will be placing inside the sunglass holder. Cant wait till it gets here!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't miss my BMW 530i much. But I do miss the sensors when backing up or getting to close to the curbside. I have not had much problems parking my CT since I gotten use to the mirrors, and the button that works the left and right. I also have the back up camera which comes with the EX-L Navi.
I am still trying to get use to the yellow guide lines while backing. Does anyone know what does the furthest line means, middle line, and the one broken line? My Dealer who gave me a good tour of the car told me and I forgot. I think the broken line nearest to the car means you cannot open your Hatch door, you are too close to something above you?:confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any update on this.. would like to see how the screen looks inside the sunglass holder.
The weather here has been real crappy! Went up to 70 degrees one day, then dropped to below 20 the next. I have everything ready to install, but it's just too cold! Will post the pics when everything gets done. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's actually WAY less complicated if you just look around the back of the car, and investigate the attachment points/wires yourself. I can guarantee you that mine is a lot easier to install...even though I opted for the rear camera. I already have the lcd monitor mounted on the inside of the sunglass holder, as well as the wires running through. Just waiting for that nice day...:confused:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I can't imagine having to take apart the rear half of your car just to install backup sensors! That pdf was great to see the extent of work involved. Honda made adding accessories way to difficult and complicated in my opinion if you follow their "guides" that is. I say just use a hammer, duct tape and bailing wire... that will solve just bout any problem ya encounter! LOL

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's actually WAY less complicated if you just look around the back of the car, and investigate the attachment points/wires yourself. I can guarantee you that mine is a lot easier to install...even though I opted for the rear camera. I already have the lcd monitor mounted on the inside of the sunglass holder, as well as the wires running through. Just waiting for that nice day...:confused:
You might be right? I don't think I will find out mainly cause I have the EXL backup camera and I really don't want to jack with electrical on the car and remove a bunch of locking tabs and such that break 1/2 the time.
My job is automation/electrical for Anadarko Petroleum by trade and I still don't want to mess with it...I would rather pay Honda to do it for me. Seems like I checked with them and the price was around $750 a year ago or so? Too steep for me though...

DEW you are correct, Honda does make mods difficult for sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts