Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
Did you install this yourself? Is this Honda OEM or aftermarket? I have a 2012 CT with NAV and wanted the backup sensors, but the vehicle did not come with it. The salesperson said that the backup camera would suffice once you get used to it. I've only had my CT for 1 day, so I don't really know yet if the sensors are better or equal to the camera. Is the camera not accurate enough? My other vehicles have the beep beep sensors and I can parallel park within inches of another car if I want. Was there a front sensor option also?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Did you install this yourself? Is this Honda OEM or aftermarket? I have a 2012 CT with NAV and wanted the backup sensors, but the vehicle did not come with it. The salesperson said that the backup camera would suffice once you get used to it. I've only had my CT for 1 day, so I don't really know yet if the sensors are better or equal to the camera. Is the camera not accurate enough? My other vehicles have the beep beep sensors and I can parallel park within inches of another car if I want. Was there a front sensor option also?

well honda only have rear sensor.
this is an OEM part from honda install myself took about 3 and half hour remove parts and drill hole for sonsor my first time doing this,,, you can download istruction online.
the camera is working find but i just want to have backup sensors to be added.

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
I've seen these on Ebay and other places. I still have a few questions:
1) I believe that these kits are color coded for your exterior color paint?
2) Is the wiring harness and hookups all there and is it just a matter of plugging this in?
3) Is there anything under the dash to hookup?
4) Is there a template to cut out the holes on the bumper?
5) I was not able to find the instructions on line, do you have a link or can you PDF your instructions and upload them to this board for all to see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Back Up Sensor Installation

I am planning to install the Honda OEM back up sensors on my 2013 Crosstour.

I reviewed the Honda installation instructions and have a question about drilling the holes in the bumper for the sensors. It specifies 24mm holes for the outer sensors and 26mm holes for the inner sensors. What type of hole saws did you use?

Thanks!
WRN

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am planning to install the Honda backup sensors and have read over the instructions. This is my first experience working with Honda trim pieces and clips. Step 19 is the removal of the Right Rear Quarter Pillar Lining which surrounds the inside of the rear quarter window. Is there any trick to getting this trim off without damaging the headliner? Do I undo the bottom clips first then pull it out from below the headliner?

I have owned and worked on SAAB cars for years and understand the clips on their models. Just don't want to break anything.

Thanks for comments about the trim or any other tips for the backup sensor installation.
WRN

·
Registered
173 Posts
This is an old thread but I thought I would comment anyways. I installed the backup sensors on my 2013 last weekend and it all went pretty easy.

To answer the question above about the hole saws and help out anybody else looking to do the job I ordered mine from Amazon,

24mm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DUVSF8/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

26mm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006Z6DXL6/ref=oh_details_o08_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They really worked well. There was no wobble between the arbor and the saw and given that they were meant for metal and not wood like most hole saws the hole was very precise.

The step wrn was talking about above with respect to removing the rear quarter pillar lining was by far the trickiest part, no real trick other than taking your time. Removing the bumper and drilling the holes was the easiest part.

I was installing a hitch and the Honda wiring at the same time, given the amount of disassembly needed on the interior i only wanted to do it once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts