Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I notice that the 2012 will have these options for the vehicles without nav. I have a 2011 EX-L without nav (maybe I should have waited for the 2012 :(). I was looking at aftermarket back up cameras and rear view mirror monitors, but thinking is there a way to buy the factory ones and have them installed? Could I get them through parts? I was getting a BOYO VTL375HD HD Rear View Camera that's a license plate camara, but notice that the ones intended for the Crosstour is also 170 degrees, and well, is designed for the car. I would also like to get the mirror monitor by Honda instead of an aftermarket.

Is it possible to get the parts? Or should I go aftermarket?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't seen a kit for it from the factory, which means you'll probably have to piece it together, which will cost quite a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't seen a kit for it from the factory, which means you'll probably have to piece it together, which will cost quite a bit.
Yep, already figured it'll cost me more than the $350 extra it would have cost if I got the 2012 with it already installed :(.

The cheapest I'm seeing just for the factory mirror/monitor is $332.77 (part number 76400-TP6-R02)

·
Registered
534 Posts
There are plenty of nice aftermarket kits that you can add that will do the same thing. Find a reputable car audio shop around your area and they should be able to do it for a LOT less than a factory one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went ahead and ordered the factory one online. It was a little more than the aftermarket, but not much more and I feel more comfortable to have something that's backed by Honda (hard to tell what type of warranties the others had). Also, went back to the dealership to look at a Crosstour with Nav to see what the factory camera looked like and how good the picture is. It's not that visible and mounted a little to the right of the hatch lever. Thinking about the license plate camera I ordered it would be right underneath the latch and may interfere (although I did get the slim one).

To order the part online I had to fake out the parts computer and say my car was a 2012 for the part to show up :cool:. Well, my 2011 is the same as the 2012 except for what I ordered, right? LOL.

And I'll be taking it to be professionally installed by an automotive audio specialty store that's been in business at least 30 years (I know since I gave them business over 30 years ago :p). Makes me wish I got a 2012, but don't see any of those at the lot yet (and there were only 2 2011s when I bought mine).

·
Registered
35 Posts
factory camera worked for 2 days then stopped told it was a loose connection get home camera dead again so since i bought the car ive been to the dealer 5 out of 7 days worst experience purchasing a car dont buy from ataimian honda in tewkbury ma............ill keep you posted on the camrea

1 - 7 of 7 Posts