Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going on 30thousand kms (or 18 641miles) and my car is due for a B!^ service so I called the dealer to find out what the was. Rear diff fluid change, oil change, brake service and it's only 260$:eek:. I almost craped myself. Is there any issue (warranty wise) with me doing the work myself. I don't mind the 50 bucks or so for the rear diff but a 188$ to change the oil and take the brakes appart to clean an grease the sliders, seriously!!!! I'll go to the autopart store and pick up 10 bucks worth of supplies and do the brakes myself and If I'm gonna do that, I might as well change the oil myself while I'm at it.

My only concern is warranty. What should I do in order to prove that the service has been done so that I don't have any issues with warranty?

EDIT: it just hit me that this should be in the maintenance section. perhaps one of the Mods would be so kind as to move this thread

·
Registered
237 Posts
Keep all receipts and a log of the work you have done yourself. That is all you need to keep within warranty regulations. Proof of your work / receipts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts