Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on an early morning drive, I merged on the expressway and my wrench light came on with B134.

From what I have read, this consists of...

B:
Replace engine oil and oil filter
Replace fuel filter element (low pressure) ---NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS??---
Drain fuel filter (high pressure) ---AGAIN, NO CLUE??---
Inspect front and rear brakes
Check parking brake adjustment

Inspect these items:
Tie rod ends, steering gear box, and boots
Suspension components
Driveshaft boots
Brake hoses and lines (including ABS)
All fluid levels and condition of fluids
Exhaust system
Fuel lines and connection

1:
TIRE ROTATION (tires have less than 2000 miles on so i'll be skipping that)
3:
REPLACE TRANSMISSION FLUID
4:
REPLACE SPARK PLUGS ---100% necessary?---

With this in mind, I normally have my car serviced at AAA but will no longer be using them! I plan to call a local Honda dealer tomorrow to get a quote for this service.

Since I am now right at 100k, should I switch over to a higher quality or high mileage oil? To those of you who have reached 100k what are you doing to keep things running smoothly. Any additional recommendations?

All input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got off the phone with a local Honda dealer... they quoted me $427.33

This is for the B service with 3 and 4 (spark plugs only).

He told me 4 included the timing belt service but I told him I won't be doing that at this time. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
173 Posts
My dealer publishes their service costs for all of the levels other than the timing belt.

B service (price includes the 1 service) - 120.95
3 service - 144.90 for AWD (104.95 2wd)

I don't know what they charge for the plugs alone.

Is cost the reason for not doing the timing belt or do you have another plan?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the input. I was going to wait to do the timing belt service until 105 but I got a quote from another dealer to include that service. You can see it below..

MAKE: Honda MODEL YEAR(S): 2010 |
| MODEL: Crosstour 10/15 OPTION(S): USA-EXL-2WD-A/T PL: 1 |
| ENGINE(S): 3.5L 6 Cyl TOTAL $ 982.60 |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| OPERATION SUMMARY INFO CODES CP |
DESCRIPTION PART AVAIL |
Express OEM Oil & Filter Change - 3.5L 1 Y 55.42|
Rotate Tires - All 16.70|
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID EXCHANGE - Y O 173.53|
Water Pump W/ Timing Belt & Drive Belts, Y 746.26|
|
| PARTS: $ 464.90
| LABOR: $ 459.95
| SERVICE CHARGE: $ 23.56
| TAX: $ 34.19
| ================
| TOTAL: $ 982.60

I just noticed they didn't include the spark plug replacement? **UPDATED**

Spark Plugs, r&r (SPR)
|* 1. SPR6P 3.5L 10/15 Y $ 247.25|

My dealer publishes their service costs for all of the levels other than the timing belt.

B service (price includes the 1 service) - 120.95
3 service - 144.90 for AWD (104.95 2wd)

I don't know what they charge for the plugs alone.

Is cost the reason for not doing the timing belt or do you have another plan?

·
Registered
173 Posts
For those prices you could drive up to Madison Wisconsin and still save some money, looks like my dealer is fairly reasonable priced.

0w20 Full Synth - 37.80
Trans Fluid Change - 75.95

I am curious how much they would charge for the Timing Belt but I am just reaching 18K miles.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too bad I don't live in Indiana anymore! :( I'm going to get a few more quotes tomorrow and compare.

For those prices you could drive up to Madison Wisconsin and still save some money, looks like my dealer is fairly reasonable priced.

0w20 Full Synth - 37.80
Trans Fluid Change - 75.95

I am curious how much they would charge for the Timing Belt but I am just reaching 18K miles.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After receiving several quotes, only one dealer has mentioned valve adjustments. The total for that alone was $559.95... the highest quote i've received has been right at $2,000 the lowest being around $1250.

The asst. service manager said valve adj. was absolutely necessary.. in my manual it says inspect valve clearance. During this "inspection" what determines if it needs to be done?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would skip the valve adjustment if they are quiet. None of the Hondas in my family have ever needed one.

They will use a feeler gauge to check the clearance between the cam follower and the cam.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input @wdbutrym. I had the service done this morning and just got home. I passed on the valve service.

I had the following done:
Oil change w/ filter $29.99
Trans drain/fill $80.97
Timing belt w/ water pump, tensioner and belts $674-- Found another Honda dealer with a $499 timing special and was able to have them match it.
Rear breaks--not planned but had a little less than 3mm left so I told them to go ahead. $142.53
Passenger map light.. I actually told them not to worry about it but they did it anyways. $18

The dealer was Honda Cars of Rock Hill, part of the Hendrick Automotive Group. They were GREAT and i'm 100% satisfied with the work. This was one of the best experiences I have ever had in a service dept. For all of this, my total was $1007. 67

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone ever, "Replace fuel filter element (low pressure)" or "Drain fuel filter (high pressure)?"

I had a B134 code at 100k miles (approx 36k miles ago) and I don't believe the fuel filter was serviced/replaced.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Where did you go to find the definitions for the error codes??? I have a code reader that is capable of reading ABS codes, but the code I have is not in it's data base. The code I am getting in my 2012 CT is B29FC. The ABS light and traction control light is on. I am fairly certain that the issue is electrical, because on occasion the lights both turn off, but then come back on later. They are never flashing, just either on or off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts