Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever change the passenger side front axle shaft on one of these cars? Is it as easy as it looks? Do I need to removed the "stub shaft" or "half shaft" as well?

2011 Crosstour EXL. I am the second owner. Bought the car with 17k miles and now have over 200k on it in the 5 years we've had it. This thing is a workhorse!

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you are handy under a car, it should not be hard. My mechanic actually just did both of my front ones this past weekend. Took him 3-4hrs total. Did it as a side project. Bought mine from www.hondapartsnow.com for WAY less than my local dealer.

Sadly, my CT needed these at only 133k! Glad it is done, the shimmy/shake was really making me start thinking about my next car.

·
Registered
2010 Accord Crosstour EX-L
3 Posts
If you are handy under a car, it should not be hard. My mechanic actually just did both of my front ones this past weekend. Took him 3-4hrs total. Did it as a side project. Bought mine from www.hondapartsnow.com for WAY less than my local dealer.

Sadly, my CT needed these at only 133k! Glad it is done, the shimmy/shake was really making me start thinking about my next car.
Saw this post and thought I'd ask about my axle as well. I thought the slight vibration I was feeling might be brake rotars in need of resurfacing, but repair shop indicates it the axle. $1,440 for the job, which I think is due to original Honda parts. Will get written estimate today. But I took it in for a look at the rings, not the axle (yikes!). 102K miles and I'm the original owner. First major issues are showing up on my 2010 EX-L, so I'm glad to find this forum.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Saw this post and thought I'd ask about my axle as well. I thought the slight vibration I was feeling might be brake rotars in need of resurfacing, but repair shop indicates it the axle. $1,440 for the job, which I think is due to original Honda parts. Will get written estimate today. But I took it in for a look at the rings, not the axle (yikes!). 102K miles and I'm the original owner. First major issues are showing up on my 2010 EX-L, so I'm glad to find this forum.
I've attempted to use aftermarket and rebuilt CV axles and were nothing but trouble. I recently DIY replaced my left side CV axle. The part cost around $360 after core return. It took me about 2 hours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did not install them myself but i purchased the Cardone Brand (not the rebuilt) from Rock Auto, it was the only brand that i reconized.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts