Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 to 18 inches forecast for tomorrow and tomorrow night... bring it on! I've had my 2012 v6 AWD for exactly one year today and never had the chance to see what it can do in a decent snowfall. Looks like it gets a good test this weekend.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Have fun and stay safe, post some pictures after the storm. Oh yea, glad the storm is on the east coast and I am in the midwest.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'll not get the chance to experience your weekend. I live in FL, but my son is in Boston on business and is stuck. They've cancelled the flights for tonight and banned car travel after noon today. No CT. Just a rental car. Stay safe and warm.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From all the media around here, you'd think the world was coming to an end. What will happen to the "victims"??? Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Growing up in the late fifties and sixties, a foot or two of snow was called "winter". Now you have to have FEMA come and build your children's snow caves for them, make sure they are OSHA compliant, obtain the proper Temporary Structure permits and watch out that Child Protective Services doesn't hear about it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
My question is why the HECK do we have to name every storm?:mad: Plus I get tired of everytime a storm hits the east coast it the end of the world. We get a big one here in the midwest and we just keep trucking along. OK, I better leave before Moderator kicks me off........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
12 to 18 inches forecast for tomorrow and tomorrow night... bring it on! I've had my 2012 v6 AWD for exactly one year today and never had the chance to see what it can do in a decent snowfall. Looks like it gets a good test this weekend.
Let us know how it does in the big snow ! I have read other post that say it is wonderful in the snow, and beats most others with the handling of bad weather. Stay safe and have fun !

·
Registered
34 Posts
No problems

Couldn't agree more with some of the posters here. Our government and the complicit media are so geared to "help" the helpless, we are training people to be victims before things even occur. Every weather event is a storm; in fact there isn't weather anymore, it's all storm and potential terror 24/7.

But as my picture shows, there I was with my 4WD CT beauty, taking heavy risks driving in deep snow, and even taking pictures in a wild series of moments outside the car ! This was about two weeks ago in the mountains of Washigton State. I don't know what got into me to risk everything like I did (I'm being dramatic in case you can't tell), but I can tell you the car was great, never a problem, it was if there wasn't any snow on the ground. Although like any 4WD vehicle, braking is more of a problem than moving forward in slippery conditions, and so I would caution any CT owner that the only test you really need to do is seeing how the car brakes in snowy or icy conditions since that operation is more the problem than moving forward. But with proper sense and rational thinking, one can get anywhere with a CT. And take pictures to prove it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
373 Posts
Couldn't agree more with some of the posters here. Our government and the complicit media are so geared to "help" the helpless, we are training people to be victims before things even occur. Every weather event is a storm; in fact there isn't weather anymore, it's all storm and potential terror 24/7.

But as my picture shows, there I was with my 4WD CT beauty, taking heavy risks driving in deep snow, and even taking pictures in a wild series of moments outside the car ! This was about two weeks ago in the mountains of Washington State. I don't know what got into me to risk everything like I did (I'm being dramatic in case you can't tell), but I can tell you the car was great, never a problem, it was if there wasn't any snow on the ground. Although like any 4WD vehicle, braking is more of a problem than moving forward in slippery conditions, and so I would caution any CT owner that the only test you really need to do is seeing how the car brakes in snowy or icy conditions since that operation is more the problem than moving forward. But with proper sense and rational thinking, one can get anywhere with a CT. And take pictures to prove it.
Dangerous stuff; in addition to 4wd in the CT, I do 2 wheel snow rides on mountain bikes :eek:

My general approach is maintaining speed control and most importantly: situational awareness (aka - watch out for the jackasses who do really stupid things because THEY know how to maintain traction on ice and can speed along as if on dry pavement).

I agree that far too many people have turned into complete wusses... it is a media fueled grocery store conspiracy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts

But as my picture shows, there I was with my 4WD CT beauty, taking heavy risks driving in deep snow, and even taking pictures in a wild series of moments outside the car ! This was about two weeks ago in the mountains of Washigton State. I don't know what got into me to risk everything like I did (I'm being dramatic in case you can't tell), but I can tell you the car was great, never a problem, it was if there wasn't any snow on the ground. Although like any 4WD vehicle, braking is more of a problem than moving forward in slippery conditions, and so I would caution any CT owner that the only test you really need to do is seeing how the car brakes in snowy or icy conditions since that operation is more the problem than moving forward. But with proper sense and rational thinking, one can get anywhere with a CT. And take pictures to prove it.
That is a beautiful car.......I believe the white is one of the most awesome colors for the CT....I have put in a request for them to add the beige metallic ...I think it would look sharp.
Thanks for sharing the 4 wheel dr news that it goes great in the snow !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Snowstorm was a dud here, guys... maybe six inches total. Roads are already completely cleared. We're going to have to run up around Lake Placid next time there's a snow to ever drive this thing in it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Lol. All those dummies insisting this was going to be a terrible storm. Wah wah wah. Suck it up. It's just a little bit of snow....

Oh wait.

That's long Island... the other one is my dog with my CT in the background. (She's a Shepard mix... 50lbs.)

Took me about 4 hours to get it out of the driveway... and I didn't get even half as much as some of my more eastern friends did.

;)

EDIT: Here is a timelapse from FB... not sure if anyone will be able to see it:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=702325437246&set=vb.21501418&type=2&theater

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lol. All those dummies insisting this was going to be a terrible storm. Wah wah wah. Suck it up. It's just a little bit of snow....

Oh wait.

That's long Island... the other one is my dog with my CT in the background. (She's a Shepard mix... 50lbs.)

Took me about 4 hours to get it out of the driveway... and I didn't get even half as much as some of my more eastern friends did.

;)

EDIT: Here is a timelapse from FB... not sure if anyone will be able to see it:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=702325437246&set=vb.21501418&type=2&theater
Thanks for sharing the time lapse....awesome ! I know that CT wants to get out of there LOL

·
Registered
205 Posts
I live in NJ and we had about a good foot of snow, and I drove through the storm the two days and the CT handled the snow with ease. I live around alot of hills and put the CT in D1 and did not slip ONCE!

Very impressed with the handling in the snow and I feel very comfortable if i need to go out in the future for any storm that comes to the east coast.

:cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I live in NJ and we had about a good foot of snow, and I drove through the storm the two days and the CT handled the snow with ease. I live around alot of hills and put the CT in D1 and did not slip ONCE!

Very impressed with the handling in the snow and I feel very comfortable if i need to go out in the future for any storm that comes to the east coast.

:cool:
Just a bit of advice:
D1 or 1st gear does not optimize the traction control system of the CT.
Just leave it in D, and allow the traction control to do its job.

The same principle of traction would apply in a manual transmission vehicle: a higher gear = less torque to the wheels, and therefore less slippage.

The TC system in the Honda's is really QUITE good -- just leave it turned-on, put your car in drive, and let the computer do the thinking for you! ;)

gr

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had three feet deep snow behind my ct From the blizzard lol and bet my son I would get it through the snow to the plowed portion of my driveway got through no problem at all about five feet from plowed area Ct is pretty good in snow sometimes you have to feather the gas to get it to engage but once you figure out the feel you'll be fine just don't get to cocky

1 - 16 of 16 Posts