Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 crosstour has the abs/Vsa issue and I have a few parts to replace, new battery and alternator, noticed the AWD is not working,just spins the front tires ,would these abs/vsa issues cause the AWD not to work?

·
Registered
109 Posts
You might post this on Piloteers.org (other vehicles). Lots of Honda AWD pilots over there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey @Dzldust
When you say "just spins the front tires" - can you explain what you mean? How did you determine the rear wheels did not engage? "

As I understand the way the AWD system works is based on a hydraulically engaged slip system. When the front driver side wheel looses traction "slips" this changes what the transmission fluid is doing in the transmission. This change 1st engages the opposing passenger side driveshaft. If there is a "slip" at that point then the fluid change in the transmission will engage the driveshaft to the transfer case for the rear wheels. Depending on the angle of the rear drive shafts either the passenger or driver side wheel will be engage 1st and subsequently the opposing driveshaft in response. All of which should help get any CT owner get through whatever the environment they are traversing. Assuming the CT owner hasn't just entered into a "hey bubba, hold my beer" moment of their lives.

I would recommend first checking the fluid -
Depending on the miles on your CT and the Maintenance History it could be as easy as a fluid adjustment or as complicated as worn plates and contaminated cooked/burnt fluids.
If the fluids are clean "red" and at correct levels at run temps that narrows down possible issues - All of which would produce other more visibly/audibly and vehicle disabling symptoms. Grinding noises and/or rear wheels locking up.

Where you able to find some answers and/or resolve your issue?

Trav...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts