Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed something that I don't remember reading about in the owners manual. When I unlock my door with the remote and don't open the door right away, in about 30 seconds it re-locks itself. Is this a safety feature, or is something screwy?

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you don't open the car door after using the remote, the car locks itself after a period of time to prevent theft. Nothing screwy going on. My Mercedes did the same thing.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Ian. Just another nugget of info I learned about this great car.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yep. Got out of a Mercedes for the CT as well. I miss it, but I definitely don't miss the $400 oil change.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I really like this feature... although it burned me once in my Volvo...

I unlocked the car with the fob, through my key on the driver's seat through the cracked window, then got distracted by something else.

Luckily I was able to get a stick and manipulate the unlock button on the door.

:)

(Also, I'm pretty sure the owner's manual *does* mention this feature.)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yep. Got out of a Mercedes for the CT as well. I miss it, but I definitely don't miss the $400 oil change.

well' i never own Mercedes but for $400 oil change what did they do?? how many miles between oil chang?? flush the old oil out clean engine. lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
The Mercedes had two service intervals, A and B, and they alternated every 10,000 miles. Service A was about $275 and service B was about $400. What did they do? No idea. As owners we weren't expected to know or care about what they did to the cars during service. We were only expected to pay for the service and feel good about it.

I never felt good about it. I work with auto dealers on a regular basis, and a BMW dealer we work with mentioned that his customers are angry, literally angry, if their bill for service is less than $500. Wow. No thanks. The Mercedes was a fantastic vehicle with exceptional attention to detail, but the ownership cost was absurd. Not at all worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts