Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have both read the manual and have tried to get the auto door locks to all "unlock" when you put it in park. We took it to the dealer and they said that they set it up to unlock. Got home and it wasn't.

Had oil changed at the dealers, and had them set up the door unlocks again. Before I left I drove fast enough that all the doors locked, then I stopped before I left the dealer, put it in park and heard the doors unlock, I assumed that they actually did unlock, but when I got home and actually checked, they did not.

Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
761 Posts
My wife and I have both read the manual and have tried to get the auto door locks to all "unlock" when you put it in park. We took it to the dealer and they said that they set it up to unlock. Got home and it wasn't.

Had oil changed at the dealers, and had them set up the door unlocks again. Before I left I drove fast enough that all the doors locked, then I stopped before I left the dealer, put it in park and heard the doors unlock, I assumed that they actually did unlock, but when I got home and actually checked, they did not.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Either there's a fault with the door locking/unlocking mechanism or it's to do with using 2 different keys. (there is a key 1 and key 2). Is that possible? You may have to program the locks with both keys.

C.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks CCT. The dealer did program it with my key, and I guess it is just my wifes key that is not working. Thanks for the suggestion!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thanks CCT. The dealer did program it with my key, and I guess it is just my wifes key that is not working. Thanks for the suggestion!!
No worries. I first got wind of this kind of issue when someone had a problem with seat settings and such......turned out to be same type of problem: programing both keys.

Cheers,
C.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We have the same problem. Followed the owners manual instructions 5 or 6 times with no luck. Have been waiting for first service appointment to let the dealer do it.

Are you guys saying you need to do it with both keys before either one will work?

·
Registered
291 Posts
No. But each key has it's own programming. If you program the unlock preference for key 1, for example, it will not transfer to key 2. You will still need to program key 2.

And you're sure that you are following the steps exactly? Doors closed, windows up, parking brake on, turning the key to the right position, timing... all that stuff?

·
Registered
57 Posts
No. But each key has it's own programming. If you program the unlock preference for key 1, for example, it will not transfer to key 2. You will still need to program key 2.

And you're sure that you are following the steps exactly? Doors closed, windows up, parking brake on, turning the key to the right position, timing... all that stuff?

I thought so. I will just let the dealer do it......thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes my wife and I both read the manual together and seperately! The first time the dealer did it we found that it still didn't work properly when I got it home.

Then the last time I got the oil changed I had the dealer do it again, my key worked, but when I got home my wifes didn't. I followed the directions again, now my wifes key also works (as CCT suggested).

I don't know why we couldn't get it programed in the beginning because I followed the directions step by step every time. Maybe the dealer did something, I don't know!

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
As said, you need to do it for both keys...

Also, I have noticed the following:

I have mine set to unlock when I turn the car off... But if someone else in the car unlocks their door and opens it before I've turned off the car, the other doors will not automatically unlock.

·
Registered
761 Posts
As said, you need to do it for both keys...

Also, I have noticed the following:

I have mine set to unlock when I turn the car off... But if someone else in the car unlocks their door and opens it before I've turned off the car, the other doors will not automatically unlock.
I've noticed that too X...sounds like an unexpected action like that cancels the programed unlock.

C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts