Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
junkndatrunk said:
Love the look of the chrome pillars! Anyone know how long they last? Maintenance? Hard to remove/replace? Thanks!
junkndatrunk inspired this thread when he asked this question in a different sub-forum; however, the questions were never answered. I, too, am thinking of installing these but don't want to permanently damage (discolor/strip the finish) the plastic trim underneath. Has anyone removed this product on this or a similar vehicle? Any issues with that? I plan to get the kit made from metal (SS - I believe). Anyway, thanks in advance. Hopefully, I can post some pics of the car tomorrow. She has less than 500 miles on her. I think I'll call her "Ruby".

·
Registered
291 Posts
I fixed some formatting issues in your post.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I opted not to put chrome pillars but I did install them on my 08 accord and my dads Town Car. They look sick when theyre new and I suggest maybe waxing them to protect from scratches as long as you can. I did not do this and after a year they looked terrible lol. I tried chrome polish and I somehow scratched them up even more. I never took them off before trading up for the CT but since its 3M tape it shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've put them on my Xtour and like them....so far they've stayed on and still look good but I don't go through any mechanical car washes. I'm sure they could be removed the same as you'd remove anything stuck on with that 3M tape...heat with a hair dryer and use gentle pulling/prying etc. and then remove any residue with WD-40

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the chrome SS pillars and don't think I could ever remove them without damage...too much good 3M stickum over cheap plastic. Mine don't have a scratch and I could never see any reason (for me) to remove them anyway. They look factory matching with other chrome on window seals and such. A pressure washer could not remove mine for sure.
Mine did not just have strips of 3M...the whole back was 3M

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just added these also SS/3m adhesive covering the entire contact surface. We'll see how they hold up. I like though as they kinda make the red "pop" a little more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts