Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attn: Members that work at Honda dealers & members that live in or travel to Russia

Greeting Comrades!

So after a lot of research, and very few answers, I think the best route to get a few hot goodies like the folding turn signal indicator side mirrors would be to try this approach.

Specifically the other non-US parts I'm interested in are: rear seat heaters; side mirrors & interior mirror switch; rearview mirror w/ LCD display; high pressure headlight washer jet system; rear tow hooks; and paddle shift (minimally I'm guessing this entails a steering wheel swap, maybe more).

1. To anyone that works in a dealer: Do you have access to parts that are made in the regular Ohio factory (or at least pass through there) on their way to export only automobiles?

It took me a bit of research to find out that these aren't just CTs manufactured in China for Chinese market, they are actually made right here for some export markets.

Are these parts in the parts system? I know when I was into GM stuff in the mid '90s it was relatively easy to find p/n's and obtain parts for things that were used on export only vehicles (emblems, and a catalytic converter delete x-pipe come to mind). However in my limited access to the public facing Honda parts catalogs I cannot find this stuff.

2. Russian owners. . .of which I know we have at least one forum member. It looks like Russia gets the most highly spec'd out CT that I can find. Do you have any idea what a set of side mirrors would run in USD? Do you know anyone at a Honda dealer parts desk that is fluent in English?

These are the two best options I can think of, and I'm almost positive #1 would be more economical, if possible.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

And to anyone complaining why we don't get these features here, it's probably because they want some clear delineations between the Honda crossover-sedan vehicle & the Acura one (a clever trick that helps make Honda a profitable company!). In other markets that may not have the Acura brand, they can go all out on Honda. The US Honda CT is pretty upmarket as it is, and I like it, it's just fun to see what else is available.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have a friend in China, i can ask him to see if hes able to get these parts, but it will take me a little while to explain these things to him.

Last time, he went to China prior to moving back, in the summer, he tried finding me the folding side mirrors, and had no luck.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hot damn I want these headlamps, I never really liked clear turn signals, until now!

And in my experience, a rear fog light is usually only on one side in the back, the driver's side, so people clearly know where the edge of your vehicle is to pass you safely. . .however, I don't know what else these could be at the bottom of the bumper on the Chinese model. . .either way, pretty cool.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hot damn I want these headlamps, I never really liked clear turn signals, until now!

And in my experience, a rear fog light is usually only on one side in the back, the driver's side, so people clearly know where the edge of your vehicle is to pass you safely. . .however, I don't know what else these could be at the bottom of the bumper on the Chinese model. . .either way, pretty cool.

Interesting. It may just be additional marker lights or reflectors. Not sure what their DOT equivalent requires on vehicles.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
More interesting info worth sharing. . .the top of the line CT costs a little over 2mil rubels in Russia, that's about $67k USD!

Now some pics I dug up from the Russian Honda website (w/ help from Google Translate!)

another view of those "rear fog lights" below the bumper

I'm loving those clear headlight assemblies more and more. . .

Paddle shifter visible, but no Chinese LCD display on gauge cluster, more like US gauge cluster, and no bluetooth/hand-free buttons on the bottom of the wheel.

This is pretty neat. . .for the Russian market they put ashtrays in the front & back, so it looks like the armrest up front is leather from front to back (guessing that it flips up like American cars used to, with the ashtray beneath), with that nice (presumably real) wood, and the window & mirror controls are on the side of the armrest instead of on top?

I'm not so sure if that inner light is a turn signal or a DRL or parking light or what. . .

Lots of stuff looks different here. . .the most inboard light has 2/3 of an amber diffuser, the high beam has some sort of aiming mark on it, low beam looks similar (but it's not. . .) and the outer diffuser is translucent instead of amber. And it could be my eyes or the angle of the photograph, but I think the foglight might be different as well. It'd be hard to say without another close up from a different angle.

I forgot that the turn signals on the mirror could be clear overseas. . .nice!

"slow gear" makes another overseas appearance

so this time we've got folding mirror button, VSC off button, but no "parking radar"

Xenon HID standard on top two trim levels!

Looks like in the middle trim level you get the rear view camera and it's displayed in an LCD within the rear view mirror. . .in the higher trim level, by default, you get the display on the navi screen

-Ace

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn they have better stuff over there!
No kidding, right? Some stuff I never knew existed like an OEM rearview mirror w/ built in LCD, among many others. I'm going crazy trying to find out where on earth to get any of those parts. . .a couple English language emails to a few Russian Honda dealers has provided nothing so far (I figure chances that they know English is a lot better than me knowing Russian).

·
Registered
621 Posts
No kidding, right? Some stuff I never knew existed like an OEM rearview mirror w/ built in LCD, among many others. I'm going crazy trying to find out where on earth to get any of those parts. . .a couple English language emails to a few Russian Honda dealers has provided nothing so far (I figure chances that they know English is a lot better than me knowing Russian).
If I'm not mistaken, the 2012+ US Spec Crosstours, if ordered with backup camera but without Nav, get these very same mirrors.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I'm not mistaken, the 2012+ US Spec Crosstours, if ordered with backup camera but without Nav, get these very same mirrors.
A lot of good my 2010 parts guide does me! :)

Hah - anyway, that makes sense, I had read that they were making the backup camera standard even without navigation, and I was wondering how they were going to pull that off. . .makes sense.

Would love to see a couple pics of it. . .also curious if it gets the 3-way lens that some other Hondas/Acuras are getting now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Xaque and I are doing some research on the "flappy paddle shifters" and have made some promising discoveries. . .hopefully more to report later this week.

And no my LED DRL headlight has not been abandoned, just sidetracked with other stuff on my other car. . .

-ace

mystery photo to leave you with. . .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts