Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys, I'm new. New here and no CT yet.

Last month, I test drove a CT. Pretty promising as to what I was expecting and what I needed in my next car.

Current car is a 03 Accord. Past cars have been 96 Accord sedan and 96 Accord wagon (not concurrently). With over 330,000 Accord miles under my belt, I can definitely drive an Accord in my sleep, or at least with one eye closed.

I know Honda's preparing the 2013's CT with MMC, to be current with changes on the new Accord unveiling. Anyone here with any leads as to what may be coming on the new CT's? 2012's or 2013's? You guys' suggestions?

·
Registered
422 Posts
as far as i know the last time/only time it was showed, the car was still in concept form.. i havent heard of anything as of late... possibly even late this year or early next..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as far as i know the last time/only time it was showed, the car was still in concept form.. i havent heard of anything as of late... possibly even late this year or early next..
Well, it all looks (and from different forums, read) like the 2013 CT will not veer too far from the concept form.

Knowing that the forum members here are mostly owners of first gen Crosstour, do you have any wishes and wants on the upcoming minor model change of the CT?

For what I need my car to do, I think Crosstour is an excellent fit for me. However, I am a bit on the tech side of things when it comes to car. I tend to gravitate towards models with extra bells and whistles, and the new Accord, especially the Touring model, is rumored to have many new safety features PLUS luxury features that, if it does not make it over to the CT, would make me pining for an Accord instead...

Having only test drove CT a bit, I'm not really qualified to say what else need improvement. I am, however, excited to hear about the single-piece dash that they're dishing out for the new Accord. If that makes it over to the new CT, that'll make one quiet interior even more quiet. :)

What do you guys think? No one wants a push-button start, or perimeter door locks?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New News about 2013 Crosstour

I guess I'm the only one salivating at any and all 2013 news about the new Accord and Crosstour...

Here's what I found about the CT.

Crosstour: A midcycle change in the 2013 model year will bring a six-speed automatic transmission but not an Earth Dreams engine.

Bummer...:mad:

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/201...vts-new-engine-family-will-reshape-honda-line

And...

It all starts with the new Civic, which will be revamped this fall following negative test drive conclusions, with the car set to receive multiple interior changes. In the fall we’ll also get the 2013 Accord, a new generation that will use two new Earth Dream units: a 181 hp 2.4-liter 4-cylinder and a 314 hp 3.5-liter V6.

2013 will see Honda launch a new generation of the Crosstour, which will, of course, be closely related to the Accord.

Huh?!? Will it get a MMC or FMC? :confused:

Read more:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/h...cessor-future-models-plan-revealed-47923.html

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2013's Will Have LED DRL...

I'm sure some of you guys are checking out the new images of the 2013 Accord that Honda just released. I'm just here to update you guys that, it's looking like that the 2013 Crosstours will follow the 2013 Accord Touring model, and get the LED strip at the bottom of the headlight housing, kinda like the Lexus CT200h, or IS250/350 models. This may be across the line for the CT, but appears to be only on the higher-end models on the Accords.

2013 Accord Touring (the new top-of-the-line model) may even sport LED headlights (another segment first). I wonder how that'll translate to the CT.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i wish the first gen crosstour had those new honda interiors. i got to drive a few new cr-vs and those color screens.. boy look beautiful.

314 hp.. i want too and 6 speed...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2013 Accord Wagon?

Someone just posted this Photoshopped image of the new Accord sedan, Photoshopped into a wagon. Pretty, I must say! But I think CT's got more style.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
2013 Accord Interior Spy Shot Posted...

As much as I'd like to post this picture, I don't want to get in trouble, so here's the link...

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1085496

Apparently, this car has the push-button start (look for the "key" next to cup holder).

Lots of controls on the steering wheel, will rival the controls on XBox controller.

No flappy paddles, though (this is apparently the V6 version).

If the 6-speed does translate to CT, but not the new Earth Dreams engine, would they still do the paddle shifters as rumored?

Looks like the new 3.5L Earth Dreams will not have paddle shifter... Bummer, I was really hoping for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts