Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually get a set of winter tires on rims to make seasonal tire changes easier. I'm considering going to a smaller rim to lower the cost of the tires. Those 18" can get pricey. To stay as close to the same diameter as stock I would get 225/70R16.
Has anyone else done this and did you encounter any issues going to a smaller wheel size?

·
Registered
'13 EX-L
11 Posts
This is way way late but I've got to help a fellow Canadian.
I was in the same boat very recently. I just tried a 16" black steel wheel, OEM Honda I believe, and it cleared the front brakes without issue. Id assume any other 16" Honda alloy would fit as well. I put together a 17" winter wheel package with slightly oversized tires (235/65/17 from a Ridgeline), but had I not found those tires for a good price I was planning to re-use my old 16" Prelude wheels for the dedicated winter set.

As for pro's and con's of downsizing 'rim' and upsizing tire, you'll get a more cushy ride with taller rubber but at a certain point too tall of a sidewall might start to feel sloppy, or squirrely for lack of a better word. I think 225/70/16 would be as big as Id go, no wider and no taller because it might start to feel even more yacht-like than the Crosstour already is.

All that said, I considered it and wouldn't hesitate to do it - if the opportunity was there. I guess it depends on your driving preference. You've still got maybe a month or so before snow!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts