Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
We have dog's and were contemplating the same idea, I see they sell the Honda OEM ones, and then there are ones sold on Amazon custom fit. Both seem a bit pricey to buy without actually being able to see it in person or get any reviews on them.

http://www.amazon.com/CUSTOM-Honda-Accord-Crosstour-Covers/dp/B0045TADAY/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1294938683&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Accord-Crosstour-Season-Cover/dp/B003D1QU2K/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1294938848&sr=1-1

Don't know if the cheaper one tone Honda OEM ones would be "sufficient" of if the more expensive two-tone, Neoprene ones would hold up better for the dogs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I went ahead and took the plunge. I ordered the OEM ones, they'll get to my dealership tomorrow morning. These are also like neoprene, the parts brochure calls it "wet-suit material," so I assume it's going to be very similar to neoprene. I was hoping it was good with not attracting dog hair. I didn't want a material that I can't easily vacuum dog hair off of. I guess we will see how it does once I try it out. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What kind of dog's do you have? We have a Standard Poodle (black), and a Rat Terrier (black & white). The Terrier sheds like crazy, and the poodle is a big dog and hard on the seats.. So definately keep us informed as to how easy it was to install, how easy to clean, and durability!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 2 siberian huskys. A 2 1/2 year old, 60 lbs, and a 15 week old, 25 lbs. They definitely shed a lot. I've looked at the install instructions, it seems to slip on and velcro around onto the seat backs. Looks like it will be really easy to install, just hoping that the fur comes off easily.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I picked up the rear seat covers and threw them on Friday afternoon. Install was straightforward and pretty easy. The fitment isn't as perfect as I would have liked but it's not bad and the covers do stay in place. The quality and construction seems to be really nice and they actually look good. Dog hair will wipe right off of them, which is a huge plus for me. They also have an inner liner that seems to be non-porous, so if you spill anything, it shouldn't soak through.

I will try to get some pics up as soon as I have a chance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gave the seat covers a real test drive today. I took the dogs to the dog park early this afternoon and they got dirty! The seat covers cleaned up very easily with a quick vacuum and a wipedown. I used my meguiars interior detailing wipes but I'm sure a damp cloth would have worked just as well. After cleaning, I snapped some pics. Sorry for the quality, it was with my phone and the sun was bright.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts